15 Current Trends I Pray Never Go Out Of Style

These better be here to stay...

92
Pintrest

My fashion sense has evolved a lot over the past few years, and even just over the past few months. Even though I am not exactly sure how I would define my style, I do know that it is very particular. I just like what I like, as far as fashion goes, and that's all there is to it. Even though I am aware, as I keep evolving as a person, my wardrobe and taste in fashion will evolve along with me. So it is very well possible that in a few days, months or years I will look back on these items and view them as tacky, and wonder why I was so obsessed with them. However, as of right now, here are a few things that are staples in my closet, and some trends that I cannot see myself living without. Here are somethings that I pray never go out of style! (As of right now.)

1. Tie dye.

I used to hate tie die with a passion but, now, not so much. Not sure what happened, but I'm not mad at tie dye anymore; I'd even go so far to say I'm actually, sort of obsessed with tie dye. Let's just say I own a lot of tie dye. Some may say it makes me look like a hippie or that it makes me look kind of tacky but at this point in my life I really don't mind -- it's fine. Tie dye is fun, and it reminds me of summer time even when it's not summer and what more could you ask for in a clothing item? Nothing, exactly that's what I thought. It just is a glorious thing and it's cute on every clothing piece, work out clothes, dresses, shirts, whatever it is -- if it comes in tie dye, I'll take two.

2. Fringe.

Fringe is very bohemian and honestly border liner hippie as well, but I am living for fringe all four seasons. Fringe is just a year round staple. It can be winter and you can make fringe work by wearing a fringe jacket or fringe boots or you can even make it work in the summer and wear fringe sandals, booties, or even a fringe dress (to name a few). Fringe bags are also really cute and, without a doubt, add a little something to even the most basic t-shirt and jeans outfit. Fringe just looks so cool and it's acceptable to wear no matter what the weather is like which is just an added bonus.

3. Ripped jeans.

I love ripped jeans end. of. story. Ripped jeans are so edgy, but not over the top edgy to the point that they are hard to pull off -- they are effortlessly edgy. They are also year round appropriate as well (in my opinion). You have a lot of options as far as jeans go since you can choose from endless styles like skinny, jegging, boyfriend and so on so you can always find your ideal pair of jeans and more importantly, your idea pair of ripped jeans. You can dress ripped jeans up or down and look put together no matter what vibe you are going for. They are easy to pull of because they are just jeans, but at the same time they are not just jeans, you know what I mean?

4. Chambray shirts.

These things are my life. They've been around a while so they aren't the trendiest things, but they are still so relevant. These are great and so cute to layer with or wear on their own. They are so perfect as a transition piece from either winter to spring or summer to fall, mostly because it's one of those things you can layer up --like I said, to keep you warm during colder weather, or wear as more of a light jacket when it's starting to get warmer out. They are just a classic staple and I don't know why or how these things could ever go out of style, because they are just ideal.

5. "Beach pants."

I'm pretty sure I am the only person who calls these things "beach pants" but I also call them hippie pants because I really don't think they have an actual generic name. They are basically just light weight long pants that are summer appropriate and usually have a fun pattern or print on them. I own like ten of these and I used to hate these things (like tie dye) but I honestly don't know why -- they are summery, fun and an easy outfit (just pair with a plain shirt or tank and you have a cute, different outfit!). So I hope they are here to stay forever.

6. Halter tops.

I hold so much love for halter tops in my heart. They are just nice, summery, beach-y, and cute as can be. Basically they are tank tops that come up pretty close to your neck and often tie up around your neck. They are such a thing this summer, therefore I have been seeing them (and buying them) all over the place and I'm more than okay with that. Much love for halter tops, much love.

7. Lace halter bralettes.

All bralettes are life changing within themselves, but these lacy halter top ones are life changing. They are cute and girly and they literally add so much to outfits. They make basic t shirts look so girly and so not basic and they also add extra coverage which is kinda necessary when wearing certain tops that show more skin like certain halter tops or muscle tanks that are cut low on the sides. So not only are they cute, but they also have purpose and are just a perfect way to layer up in the summer (or fall, winter, and spring). Overall, they just add something extra and they come in basically every color under the sun so you can always find the right one for your wardrobe, so why don't you have one, already?

8. Leather jackets.

Don't worry -- it's faux! Leather jackets have basically been around since the beginning of time so I rest pretty ensured that they aren't going anywhere any time soon (phew!) because they are awesome. They are a true staple for anyone's wardrobe and anyone's style (plus they just make you look and feel cool). They are clearly a more fall/winter item -- and thank goodness for that because they make the cold months better. Throw a leather jacket over a tTshirt paired with jeans, a dress, or even your workout gear (I swear it looks cute!). I love them; they are truly beautiful.

9. Denim jackets.

Denim jackets are also pretty cool and are more suited for when it's chilly, but not freezing cold. Which means they are ideal for spring time and they are also edgy and classic very much like leather jackets with a slightly different look. You also get the advantage of having options with denim jackets -- do you want light wash or dark??Choices, people. You can throw denim jackets on over everything and -- poof -- your outfit just went from a solid four to a solid 10, effortlessly.

10. Oversized sweaters

These are just a given, honestly, at least for me. What kind of world would this be without your signature carefree, cozy, oversized sweaters? A world I'd rather not live in, thank you very much. I live in oversized things especially in the winter, (during hibernation) and they are very unique because no matter how oversized and slouchy they are, that only makes them look cuter, somehow, which is an interesting twist. Wear them with anything -- sneakers, boots, Uggs, slippers, jeans, leggings, statement jewelry (if you are feeling fancy) and no matter what you are good to go.

11. Off the shoulder tops.

So feminine, so chic, so pretty, do I honestly have to say more? Off the shoulder tops just look so girly and dainty. Great transition pieces for spring. They look amazing with delicate necklaces and side braids. I have been seeing these a ton of these beautiful things throughout this spring and summer and I have my finger crossed they aren't going anywhere because they are my idea of perfect.

12. Camo.

Not everyone's favorite, I'm sure, but I dig the whole camo thing. I buy up everything and anything I find that comes in camo print, which means camo is basically my winter tie dye. When it's not socially acceptable to wear tie dye anymore during the colder months, camo is my go-to. It's edgy and dark and it's fun to wear. You'd be surprised how many ways there are to wear camo. Don't hate camo, appreciate camo.

13. Rompers.

These things get five stars from me. Although really cute ones can be pricey or very difficult to track down, when you find the perfect romper, that's something special. I hope these never go out of style because honestly yes, they are indeed very cute, but they are a lazy girl's (a.k.a. me) dream. You no longer have to pick a top and a bottom out. This is a one stop outfit. Less work (because choosing outfits is so hard #firstworldprobs) and they are basically cuteness guaranteed. Dress up with wedges and jewelry or even dress down with flip flops, it's your call. Plus! They aren't dresses -- even though some look like they are -- so you don't have to worry about wearing Spanx underneath, or watch how you bend down, which is such a bonus, let's get real.

14. Gladiator sandals.

If you don't love these shoes, I want to know why. They are so different (in a good way). I literally feel like a Roman soldier in these things, which I'm into, and they just make you feel powerful, like you should be in a music video or something. They are cool with basically anything from shorts to maxi dresses or skirts (especially the ones that have a slit down the sides so you can actually see the full shoe in it's glory, as shown in one of the pictures down below). Peace, love, gladiator sandals -- that's all I can say.

15. Bar necklaces

I love these things. I have been seeing these necklaces all over the place and all I can say is that I am in love. You can find these necklaces usually on Etsy. They are more than just a cute accessory. Yes, they are super dainty and delicate, they clearly are the perfect layering necklace, and they can be paired with any outfit, no matter how casual, but not only that, they also can be personalized! I have seen ones with dates on them in roman numerals like birthdays and anniversaries, I have also seen ones with coordinates on them, names, random words, initials and I have even seen ones with short quotes and bible verses on them. I love personalized things, it's cool to incorporate meaningful things into your wardrobe and it is cool to own something that nobody else is likely to have. I mean, thousands of people could have these bar necklaces but how many of those people are going to have your birthday engraved on their necklace? Chances are, not many! Therefore, you have something unique and trendy at the same time and that doesn't often happen.