15 College Moments Explained Perfectly By The Blurry Mr. Krabs Meme

Are you feeling it now, Mr. Krabs?

509
Tumblr

Social media: I’m not sure if there is anything I can or ever will love and hate so much at the same time. It is so convenient to keep up with current events, culture, and what my friends are up to. On the other hand, I feel like it is consuming, distracting, and mostly filled with garbage that makes me want to live in an Amish community for the rest of my life. Yet, there are special moments where the planets align and a perfect storm of circumstances create viral memes or videos that are genuinely funny. The peanut butter baby video, crying Michael Jordan or the History Channel alien guy memes are flawless examples. In 2016, we were blessed with the blurry Mr. Krabs meme, and it has been a goldmine of comedy. As a college student, I do not think there is a more versatile way to describe moments in our lives than with this legendary meme from our beloved childhood friend.

1. When you walk into class on the first day and don’t see any of your friends.

2. When you’re filling up a water cup from Chipotle with lemonade and an employee comes to refill the napkins.

3. When “syllabus week” actually turns out to be “syllabus day.”

4. When you’re talking about a test with classmates and you’re the only one with a different answer.

5. When you set an alarm for an afternoon nap but it’s dark out when you wake up.

6. When Siri says “I’m not sure what you said there…” in your pocket during a test.

7. When you wake up slightly drunk after going to the bar on Wednesday night and have class in 20 minutes.

8. When you’re taking an exam and the friend group chat is blowing up in your pocket.

9. When you check your bank account and realize you weigh more than the amount of dollars in it.

10. When the Uber is arriving and you just opened a beer.

11. When you get the “Hey can we talk?” text message.

12. When you see your Tinder match on campus.

13. When the cops show up to a house party and you’re not 21.

14. When you make eye contact with the teacher after peeking at the test next to you.

15. When you’re on the phone with your mom and your roommate starts yelling inappropriate things to get you in trouble.