15 Christmas Movies To Watch Instead Of Studying For Finals

Here are a few holiday movies to get you through these last few weeks of freedom.

15
History Channel

With our official start to December, we start ringing in the holiday season – but joy to the world isn’t the only thing December brings about. Finals are literally just around the corner (two weeks, in fact – insert panic now), and it’s just about that time when the library starts filling up with students who look like they’ve been sleeping in their reserved study room/cubicle/table/hallway-turned nest for weeks without sunlight or food. That’s one way of approaching finals week. Other people (read: me) prefer to live in denial until the last possible second, and choose to block out the stress induced screams of the outside world with other sources of entertainment. So, if you think you’re more like these other people (read: me), here are a few holiday movies to get you through these last few weeks of freedom before finals (read: what?).

1. Unaccompanied Minors

Anyone remember this holiday gem?

2. Home Alone

Personally, the first two are the winners out of all...four? five? Who knows? I think everyone stopped counting after Macaulay Culkin. Special shout out to the Home Alone 2 for the familiar neighborhood setting! Kevin McCallister, forever the expert at throwing shade.

3. Elf

For everyone who says smiling is their favorite. To quote Melissa Joan Hart on one of her most recent posts on Instagram, "Almost every moment of this movie is boomerang-able!" So. True.

4. The Santa Clause

And speaking of Santa...

Any of the three will bring the Christmas spirit, can't go wrong!

5. Christmas with the Kranks

Tim Allen, king of all holiday movies.

6. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

Pretty much sums it up.

7. Love Actually

For all the romantics.

8. A Charlie Brown Christmas

Why not?

9. The Nightmare Before Christmas

A movie for all holidays.

10. The Polar Express

Necessary!

11. A Christmas Carol

Whether it's Disney's version, Mickey's version, the Muppet's version, or the original, you can't ever go wrong with this Christmas classic.

12. The Holiday

A gentle reminder that Cameron Diaz still exists.

13. How the Grinch Stole Christmas

Recently rewatched this and wow, are there some jokes in here that I'd never noticed before.

The Grinch is all of us.

14. Miracle on 34th Street

15. A Nativity Scene

And of course, to the story that started it all.