15 Bible Verses That The World Needs Right Now

Hopefully these will be of some comfort
2162

Our world has been pretty sad and scary lately. There are not many news stories or things on social media that aren't related to the sad or scary things happening. So here are some bible verses and religious quotes that will (hopefully) provide you with some comfort and positive feelings.

1. “I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.” - Ephesians 4:1-2

Live up to God's plan for your life.

2. We are more sinful and flawed in ourselves than we ever dared believe, yet at the very same time we are more loved and accepted in Jesus Christ than we ever dared hope.

This quote is very reassuring to me. No matter what I do, God still loves me more than I could know.

3. We rise by lifting others.

This is just a good one too.

4. Lord, let them see you in me.

The most beautiful thing is when you can see God through the people around you. Pray that God will use you to show others his goodness.

5. Until God opens the next door for you, praise him in the hallway.

I really just love this one.

6. “When my heart is overwhelmed, lead me to the rock that is higher than I.” - Psalm 61:2

Always turn to God in times of trouble.

7. “Here I am, send me.” -Isaiah 6:8

Allow God to send you where he needs to in your life.

8. “And if not, He is still good.” -Daniel 3:18

Even if God's answer to your prayer is not what you'd hope, he is still good. God is good all the time and no matter what happens in your life.

9. “He must become greater, I must become less.” - John 3:30

Focus on the spiritual things and not material things. Make God more important than the other things in your life.

10. “Count it all Joy.” - James 1:2

Take everything as an opportunity for growth. You can learn from both the good and the bad.

11. “You do not understand what I am doing now, but soon you will.” - John 13:7

God's plan is better than yours. You are not meant to understand what is going on with his plan all the time. Just trust that whatever is going on is for the best.

12. “When you go through deep waters, I will be with you.” - Isaiah 43:2

Remember that God is always there and will be with you no matter what happens in your life.

13. You cannot save people, you can just love them.

This is a good quote for the current troubles with Catholicism and gay marriage etc. Many people think they can "save" others by attacking them or trying to change them but that is not realistic at all. It is also not morally ok. The only thing people can do in those situations is love and pray for the people they disagree with.

14. “Rejoice in hope. Be patient in tribulation. Be constant in prayer.” - Romans 12:12

Know that God is always there. Talk to him not only in times of trouble but also in good times. Be patient with his planning in your life.

15. “Perhaps this is the moment for which you have been created.” - Esther 4:14

Use whatever negative situation you are in as an opportunity to grow from it and really stand up to the challenge.