15 Bible Verses For The Control Freak

If you're anything like me, you firmly believe that you are in charge of your life. If you do everything your way, then everything will go right. But what if I told you that you're not even in charge of holding the map? That you're just sitting idly in the backseat as God takes you exactly where you're supposed to go? It's a hard concept to understand, and it's even harder to accept. But the Lord wants us to know that His plan is a perfect one, even when it doesn't seem that way. The lives we're living here in 2016 were planned even before God created the planets and the stars. The Lord knows all - past, present and future - and He only wants the absolute best for His children. God wants us to give it all up to Him, so that He can have the glory He deserves. And that glory will radiate through you, so that others may see the happiness that is possible in Him. When you let Him have control, life will become an even more beautiful journey. All we have to do is sit back, relax and enjoy the ride.

1. Romans 8:28 - And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.

When control is given up to God, only good things will come to us. Even when something seems devastating, it will come together for good.

2. Jeremiah 29:11 - For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.

The Lord's plans for each of us are filled with goodness, happiness, and hope.

3. Joshua 1:9 - Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.

God is always by our side and He promises to never leave our side. We have no reason to be afraid of what may come because He is always with us.

4. Matthew 6:34 - Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

God sees no need for us to worry about what will happen the next day because He already knows what's going to happen. He will provide for us as we need it, so we only need to live for today.

5. Matthew 19:26 - But Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."

With God, all things are possible! There is nothing He can't do and He does it all for us.

6. Isaiah 41:10 - Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

God promises to help us in times of good and in times of bad. He will hold us up because we are devoid of the power to hold ourselves up.

7. Psalm 115:3 - Our God is in the heavens; he does all that he pleases.

And He is pleased when He is loving His children. God is in control of all things in heaven and on earth, and He makes sure to do what is best for us.

8. Ephesians 1:11 - In him we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to the purpose of him who works all things according to the counsel of his will.

All aspects of our lives have been planned out piece by piece, all according to the Lord's will, His perfect plan. It all leads to our glorification in Heaven, which we inherited when Christ sacrificed Himself on the Cross.

9. Matthew 11:28 - Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

We do not have the strength to live each day on our own. We do not have the strength to plan out every aspect of our lives; it becomes very tiring. But when we give that power to God, we will be able to rest.

10. Philippians 4:6 - Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.

Trying to control everything clearly gets stressful after awhile, but if we ask God to take control and release us from our anxieties, He will answer.

11. Psalm 37:24 - Though he fall, he shall not be cast headlong, for the Lord upholds his hand.

Even when life gets hard and we begin to crumble, we must know that the Lord will not let us be lost forever. He will guide us through each step of our lives.

12. Psalm 9:10 - And those who know your name put their trust in you, for you, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek you.

If we put our trust in Him, He will not disappoint. The Lord will never disappoint.

13. Jeremiah 32:27 - Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh. Is anything too hard for me?

There is nothing the Lord cannot handle.

14. Psalm 22:4 - In you our fathers trusted; they trusted, and you delivered them.

The Bible is full of accounts in which the Lord delivered His people from evil out of pure love. What leads you to believe you don't deserve the same? Because you do.

15. 1 Chronicles 29:11 - Yours, O Lord, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the victory and the majesty, for all that is in the heavens and in the earth is yours. Yours is the kingdom, O Lord, and you are exalted as head above all.

All in this universe belongs to the Lord. He is control of all things. He will bring glory to His children, He will protect His children, He will carry the burdens of His children.