15 Things I'll Always Appreciate

15 Things I'll Always Appreciate

Make time to get out there and enjoy life; it's too short not to.

44
15 Things I'll Always Appreciate
Olivia Sanders

You know those feelings that come around every so often, but feel the same every time? These are just a few of my favorites. It was hard to limit myself to only fifteen feel good things. I hope reading this reminds you just how good this life can get.

1. Getting in the shower after a day at the beach, fresh sunburn and all

Your skin is crisp and warm. You don't have any makeup to take off because you never put any on in the first place.

2. Being able to sit and observe a thunderstorm from a screened-in porch

The rain, lightning, and even thunder create an overwhelming sense of peace. This is especially incredible at the beach.

3. Football season in the South

From food to beverages to the sound of people singing along to all the classics, football season in the South is one of life's finer things. If only it lasted longer.

4. Bonfires

S'mores, good company, music, warmth, and killer conversation... can't think of a better way to spend a summer night.

5. Coming in from the lake after a day of tubing

Muscles are sore, noses are burnt, and there's a deck of cards with my name on it.

6. Being around people who do not change based on who they're around

I have found a lot of these people in college, and I am so happy about it. There's nothing better than the friends who are themselves always, despite the circumstances.

7. Last minute plans

These are undoubtedly the best plans. From buying concert tickets a few hours before the concert starts to packing for a spontaneous trip to the beach. Often times my best days are the ones with the least thought put into them.

8. Raw cookie dough

Need I say more? Raw cookie dough and or half-baked cookies are the absolute best. I truly believe this is the solution to all of my problems.

9. Parents

The only people that will put up with me at my absolute worst, and praise me at my best. I haven't made being a parent the easiest job, but their hard work and unconditional love never have and will never go unnoticed.

10. Aimless drives

You know what I am talking about... the windows are down, music is up. It's about 75 degrees outside, and the least of your worries is the direction you're headed.

11. The first day of vacation

You've been anticipating a nice vacation away. School is out, and the drive is over. You've finally arrived. If you're anything like me, you probably rode to the beach with your swimsuit already on. You can finally relax down by the water, and you get to look forward to the week ahead. No assignments due, no one to answer to, and no shortage of activities.

12. Putting a nice dent in your bank account after a day on King Street

I think we can all relate to the temptations of King Street. I recently stopped carrying my debit card out with me, but now and then some retail therapy is necessary.

13. Sleeping in your own bed after being away

Mcalister Hall has become my home away from home. However, come May, I will be in my bed at home blissful and comfortable as ever.

14. The cool side of your pillow

It's approximately three in the morning. At this point, I am so exhausted all the time that I flip my pillow in my half-awake state of mind and fall back asleep. It's an instant refresher.

15. A really good grilled cheese

Trust me on this one. When you know, you'll know.

These are just a small handful of the things and feelings that make my outlook on life a little brighter. Being alive is a privilege, and these are just a few added bonuses.

There are so many more, but these fifteen stuck out most while patiently awaiting summer's arrival. There are so many great things about this life, but it can be easy to forget that getting caught up in school and work life. Make time to get out there and enjoy life; it's too short not to.