There are many things catholic school students learn over the years. And no, they are not just prayers. Catholic school students have a different kind of school experience than public school students. Finding out that your friend also attended Catholic school, brings on a certain kind of bond. We all went through the same things. No matter how many years have passed, we still sometimes miss our years in Catholic school. Here are 14 things all Catholic school alumni know to be true:
1. Having optional religion classes in college seems wrong
Shouldn’t we have to go every day?
2. When people tell you stories about how much they got away with in high school, you are just confused
You did what? And they didn’t kick you out?
3. You didn’t realize how lucky you were to not have to pick out an outfit everyday
The struggle is real.
4. Now you miss your uniform more than ever
You thought you would be happy to see it go.
5. You’re one of the only people who knows how to write in cursive
Some people don’t even know how to read it.
6. You sometimes miss having school days cut short by mass
It was the one time you felt holy all year.
7. The only sex-ed you had was in "Mean Girls"
And that video in fifth grade
8. Whenever you see people grinding, you want to remind them to make room for the holy spirit
God is watching ppl.
9. You have the same friends you did in kindergarten
Thats what happens when you spend 15 years in the same school.
10. When you ask people their full name, you expect it to include a confirmation name
They usually don’t even know what a confirmation name is.
11. You still find parts of your uniforms around the house… years later
There is no getting rid of them.
12. When someone tells you to “go to hell,” you are not phased
It’s basically in ever other Bible verse.
13. Starting your school day without a school-wide prayer seems like a sin
The pledge and pray was the best part of your day.
14. You still have flashbacks to all the forced confessions
And spending hours practicing what you would confess.