14 Signs You're From Suffolk County

14 Signs You're From Suffolk County

"There's nothing like a weekend of sun in the 631."

1109
14 Signs You're From Suffolk County
Google Images

Suffolk County is a suburban county on Long Island, and the easternmost county in New York. The population is estimated to have increased to 1,501,587 in 2015, making it the fourth most populated county in New York. There is so much to see and do on Long Island, specifically in Suffolk County, and if you’re from Suffolk County like me then you know what I’m talking about, and can 100% relate to everything.

1. Port Jefferson, aka down Port is where you live in the summer.

The shops, the food, the water…there’s nothing better than spending a beautiful summer day, or night, down Port.

2. You’ve spent many hot summer days at Splish Splash.

My friends and I always go here at least once every summer, and if you’re from Suffolk, you probably do too.

3. You don’t know of any other treat in the summer that’s better than Ralph’s.

Ralph’s is a summer favorite on Long Island. It is honestly the equivalent to Long Island’s pizzerias and bagel shops, so you’re not really sure why it closes in the winter.

4. You get frustrated when you’re out of town and all you want for breakfast is a real bagel.

Anywhere other than Long Island just doesn’t cut it when it comes to bagels. You can argue with me if you want, but you’re wrong.

5. You won’t even consider eating pizza from Pizza Hut, Domino’s, Papa John’s, or any other “pizza” place.

Because pizza is just like bagels; If it’s not from a real pizza place on Long Island, I don’t want it.

6. You’ve taken the ferry to Fire Island.

Come on, admit it. You’ve done this at least once.

7. You’ve been to Avalon Park in Stony Brook.

Whether it was for a day of hiking, or just to get some artsy photos. You probably even walked around the town a bit too and saw the ducks.

8. You’ve traveled out east to Montauk or the Hamptons.

Whether your hitting the beach or walking the town, going out east is always a day well spent.

9. You’ve seen at least one play at Theater 3.

When I was younger I used to see A Christmas Carol at Theater 3 every year. If you’re from Suffolk, I’m sure you’ve seen something at least once there.

10. “The mall” always means Smith Haven.

Smith Havel mall is the mall of Suffolk County, so you never have to clarify when you say let’s go to the mall.

11. But that gets boring after a while, so sometimes you go to the outlets.

You can only hit the mall so often before you get bored with seeing the same stuff, so you occasionally switch things up and go to the Tanger Outlets.

12. When someone says they’re going to King’s Park tonight, you know that means trouble.

It really is haunted, so unless you’re a daredevil, who’s into that sort of thing, you know to say no immediately.

13. You know how to pronounce Hauppauge, Wantagh, Shinnecock, Ronkonkoma, and Patchogue.

It’s hilarious hearing a non Long Islander try and pronounce these towns.

14. The 631 always beats the 516.

As said in the “Suffolk County State of Mind” video…there’s nothing like a weekend of sun in the 631.