If you're a member, you know that FFA is not only the largest intracurricular youth organization in the nation, it is by far the best. Whether you have just begun your time in FFA or have long since been in the blue jacket, we're all still a part of the same family and know what an amazing family it is. While each of our experiences may be different, there are some things that never change! So here are 14 signs that you might be an FFA member, how many can you check off?
1. The words “I believe” are always followed by “in the future of agriculture…”
2. You know what a tallywacker is and where it belongs
3. You know that blue and gold is a killer color combination
4. If you are a lady, you know the true struggle of nylons
5. If you are a gentleman, you know the struggle of ties
6. You have a wall dedicated to your FFA awards
Plaques, pins, ribbons, and certificates for CDEs, degrees, and more. You have it all and are proud to display it.
7. You know that blue jackets come with bright futures
8. You know that ag teachers are not your average teachers
Best friend, extra parent, coach, mentor, your advisor isn’t like any of your regular teachers and you’re so thankful for them.
9. You don’t miss class often, but when you do, it’s for FFA
National Convention, conferences, CDEs, field trips for class, you know the drill.
10. You still have bags full of free swag from last National Convention
11. You have friends from Alaska to Puerto Rico and Maine to Hawaii
Whether you met them at WLC, National Convention, or in an FFA Facebook group, you have friends from just about every corner of the US who share in the blue jacket pride.
12. Your wardrobe is 98% FFA apparel
13. You know the acronyms
CDEs, SAEs, AET, POAs, WLC, SPC, NLCSO, ILSSO, NFA; you know ‘em all!
14. National Convention is your favorite holiday
There’s no other week of the year that you look forward to this much. You’re not sure if the road trip, the sessions, the expo, or meeting members from all over the country is your favorite part, but the point is, you cannot wait! Indianapolis here we come!!