14 Signs That You Might Be An FFA Member

While we may be different, all FFA members have a few things in common, how many are true for you?

377
National FFA Organization

If you're a member, you know that FFA is not only the largest intracurricular youth organization in the nation, it is by far the best. Whether you have just begun your time in FFA or have long since been in the blue jacket, we're all still a part of the same family and know what an amazing family it is. While each of our experiences may be different, there are some things that never change! So here are 14 signs that you might be an FFA member, how many can you check off?

1. The words “I believe” are always followed by “in the future of agriculture…”

Regardless of the situation, when someone says, “I believe” you are always that kid that starts belting out the FFA Creed. People may think you’re a little weird but you say it with pride!

2. You know what a tallywacker is and where it belongs

Anytime you greet a friend wearing official dress, the first thing you look for is whether their tallywacker is tucked in or not.

3. You know that blue and gold is a killer color combination

National blue and corn gold may not be common favorite colors but they should be and anyone who disagrees is wrong, obviously.

4. If you are a lady, you know the true struggle of nylons

I think I once went through an entire pack in one day, it was a bad day.

5. If you are a gentleman, you know the struggle of ties

You had your advisor tie it for you that one time and now when you take it off you never completely untie it, just slip it over your head and tighten the next time and you’re good to go.

6. You have a wall dedicated to your FFA awards

Plaques, pins, ribbons, and certificates for CDEs, degrees, and more. You have it all and are proud to display it.

7. You know that blue jackets come with bright futures

As FFA members we are the leaders of tomorrow and we work hard to ensure that the future is bright.

8. You know that ag teachers are not your average teachers

Best friend, extra parent, coach, mentor, your advisor isn’t like any of your regular teachers and you’re so thankful for them.

9. You don’t miss class often, but when you do, it’s for FFA

National Convention, conferences, CDEs, field trips for class, you know the drill.

10. You still have bags full of free swag from last National Convention

People love to give free stuff to FFA members, seriously, I think I have a stack of about 30 hats in my closet.

11. You have friends from Alaska to Puerto Rico and Maine to Hawaii

Whether you met them at WLC, National Convention, or in an FFA Facebook group, you have friends from just about every corner of the US who share in the blue jacket pride.

12. Your wardrobe is 98% FFA apparel

When you’re not rocking the OD, you can likely be found in one of your dozens and dozens of FFA t-shirts.

13. You know the acronyms

CDEs, SAEs, AET, POAs, WLC, SPC, NLCSO, ILSSO, NFA; you know ‘em all!

14. National Convention is your favorite holiday

There’s no other week of the year that you look forward to this much. You’re not sure if the road trip, the sessions, the expo, or meeting members from all over the country is your favorite part, but the point is, you cannot wait! Indianapolis here we come!!