14 Rules Everyone Should Live By

14 Rules Everyone Should Live By

If you're living it to the fullest, you're living right.
1810

Life gets hard sometimes. Things are never going to be easy, but that doesn't mean you can't do your best to take some of the load off. Whether you're a college student pretending to adult or you're a real grown-up doing real adulting, here are some rules everyone should live by.

1. It's not about what happens, it's how you handle it.

#adulting might be hard, but sometimes you just have to get with it and deal with things as professionally as possible.

2. Don't let anyone make you feel guilty for living your life your way.

It's your life. Don't let other people tell you how to live it.

3. Supporting someone else's success won't dampen your own.

A.K.A. being a good person and congratulating other people on their accomplishments doesn't make anything you do less impressive or important. So, be a good person, get excited for other people's success.

4. Grow through what you go through.

Everyone goes through things. Everyone's got their "stuff". The only difference between people who are living their life to the fullest and those who aren't is that the former don't let their "stuff" drag them down. But also remember to be gentle with yourself, you're doing the best you can.

5. Say yes to adventures.

Don't be afraid to try new things. If there's something you want to do, go out and do it. It's better an "oops" than a "what if".

6. You don't have to be friends with everyone, but you do have to be friendly.

Part of being an adult is getting along with people you aren't necessarily a fan of. This is one of those things that my dad always said that stuck with me, and it really does get your farther in life. No one likes someone who's mean to people they don't like.

7. Your mood should not dictate your manners.

This goes hand in hand with being friendly with everyone. I don't care how much sleep you got last night, you should still always mind your P's and Q's.

8. Beauty attracts the eye, but personality attracts the heart.

Sure, being pretty is nice, but if you have nothing else to offer then no one will care how good you look.

9. Fall in love with as many things as you can.

Passion is intriguing. Figure out what you love, but don't stop there. Continue on your journey and keep finding things to be passionate about.

10. All things are possible with coffee and a cute outfit.

If you look good, you feel good. It's basically scientific fact. So, get up, dress up, and show up. (Obviously with coffee in hand because coffee makes everything better.)

11. Start each day with a grateful heart.

Everyone should count their blessings like its counting sheep when they can't sleep. Never forget to be thankful because whether or not you see it, you do have so much to be thankful for.

12. The best accessory you can own is confidence.

You are who you are. Own it.

13. You can't surround yourself with negative people and expect to live a positive life.

Don't allow other people to drag you down. Your vibe attracts your tribe, but that also goes both ways. If you spend your time with people who are negative, you'll reflect that. It's emotionally draining, and you shouldn't subject yourself to that.

14. Bad days build better ones.

Everyone has bad days sometimes, but that only makes the good ones feel that much better. Don't fret over the bad times because there are better things on the horizon.