14 Reasons Moms Are The Best

14 Reasons Moms Are The Best

Well, mine is.

13
14 Reasons Moms Are The Best
Kaitlyn Long Earwood

My mom and I have always had a great relationship. Growing up, I wouldn’t have classified myself as either a, “Mama’s Girl” or a “Daddy’s Girl” more like the perfect balance of both. Of course, there’s just something about girls and their daddy’s, and trust me I had a great one. There is something equally amazing about the relationship of a mother and her daughter. My mom was my first friend. And now, my best friend. Here are 14 reasons that my mom rocks motherhood every, single day…

1. She Gives Great Advice.

I can’t even begin to count the number of times that I have called, texted, or went by my mom’s house to ask her advice on something that is going on in my life. No matter what has gotten me down, or stressed out, it never fails that she is there with great help and ways to make me feel better about life.

2. She is always down to spend time with you.

Lunch. Dinner. Shopping. Movies. Farmers market. Doesn’t matter. Any time you want to hang out with her, she makes the time for you. There is something so comforting in knowing that no matter what she will always be there to hang out with.

3. She can mend even the most broken of hearts.

Life is life. There are going to be some of the most amazing times and also some of the hardest times. I have had plenty of both. My mom has always been there with me to rejoice and celebrate the great times, but more importantly she has never fails to be there for the hard, and most devastating of times. There have been countless times that I have leaned on her for support and comfort. She will always be there, with helping hands and a shoulder to cry on, brings a little peace and light to the darkest of times.

4. She doesn’t beat around the bush.

“Kaitlyn, you need to get your hair done. That shirt doesn’t look good on you. Those pants make you look big.” Sure, it is super annoying, but 9 times out of 10 she is right (which is even more annoying) and you know that it is coming from a place of love. No matter what she will be there to tell you how great and how horrible you look out in public. Or even your own house. Moms will never fail to let you know exactly what they think. Especially mine. And I love her for it. Sometimes.

5. She selflessly gives to her child(ren).

A pair of shoes that you like, a knick knack in her house, quarters out her change jar, the last of anything in the fridge, money, random gifts for no reason. She gives without expecting return, and to make you happy and she loves doing it. Giving is her gift to the world.

6. Well, everyone, really.

Serving food the homeless, volunteering at church services, putting her time into any and all school functions we ever had, buying school supplies for needy kids. I actually saw someone compliment her on her earrings and she took them off and gave them away and so on. My mother’s giving nature knows no bounds and doesn’t stop at one person.Her spirit is beautiful and infectious.

7. She is available to talk. Anytime.

Noon. 5 in the evening or 3 AM she is always available to talk when something is weighing hard on you. Or if you just want to chat. She always makes time to talk to you.

8. She takes your crap.

Of course, all teenagers are terrible with their attitudes and I was no exception. Looking back on it now I want to go back in time and punch myself in the face. Whether it was back talk, door slamming or just general jerkiness, she always took it as it came. I spent most of my time grounded for one thing or another and I know that I made her cry more than once. Even in my adulthood I still get the occasional mood swing and bless her heart if she’s in the line of fire. I always end up having to apologize and she always forgives me. Because she loves me more than I could ever hurt her feelings.

9. Her home is always open.

I moved out of my mom’s house when I was 19 and since then, through different times and transitions in my life have gone back to live with her a time or two, and she is always okay with that. I know that no matter what my son and I will always have a place to go in this life and she doesn’t mind one bit.

10. She listens to your meaningless jabber, intently.

Oh, the dramas in life. Boyfriends, friends, co-workers, new endeavors that didn’t turn out so great, or turned out amazing; she is always there to listen. Offering her support, opinions and insight. Her favorite thing to say to me is, “you know, I’ve lived longer than you so I know some things!”

11. She will probably always clean your house.

It is no secret that I am a messy person and I am terrible at keeping house. Luckily for me, my mom is the opposite. So, when she comes over and sees my son’s toys in the floor, laundry that needs to be folded or dishes washed she usually does it for me. I’ll go into another room for a few minutes and she will have accomplished in that time what would take me 2 days. Sometimes, I get annoyed with it, because she moves things around to where SHE would like for them to be. But again it’s her giving nature. She wants to help me in any way that she can. And I let her. That’s my gift back to ;)

12. She tries to fix all your problems. And usually does a great job of it.

Countless times, I have gone to or called my mom with some type of problem or a venting session. She will offer what she has on hand to help and then hours later I’ll get a call that usually starts with the words, “Okay, here’s what WE need to do.” I know that there is nothing that I can’t go to my mom about and she will be there to fix it. Emotionally or with a plan of action.

13. She will love you in such a way that you can’t even imagine

Growing up I used to think that words like: overbearing, controlling, smothering etc. were the words to describe my mom. Since I myself have become a mother I now understand all of that. You will never really understand the love of your mother till you become one yourself. Your mother is the one that will be in your corner. No matter what. She will be there for you when the rest of the world jumps ship. There is nothing in the world like having your mom as your best friend.

14. Because she is yours, or you are hers. Either way, you’re both pretty damn lucky.

No elaboration needed. Ill consider myself so unbelievably blessed that she was born to be my mother. And I, her daughter.