14 Days, 14 Hairstyles, 1 Girl

14 Days, 14 Hairstyles, 1 Girl

Life is short. Make each hair flip more fabulous than the last.

8
14 Days, 14 Hairstyles, 1 Girl
http://imgarcade.com/1/hair-tools/

My psychology teacher just happened to give me an assignment that caught my eye about a month ago. We would take 14 days to take a picture of the same thing consecutively and then put the pictures together and write a blog about what we learned. After contemplating many different subjects that I could photograph, I went with one that seemed very fitting for a girl- my hair. Well, technically the back of my head in the mirror of my dorm bathroom and all the different hairstyles that I go through and recycle on a weekly basis. If you can't tell, a lot of girls are obsessed with our hair and always making sure that it looks perfect. One "bad hair day" can honestly make the rest of the day seem pretty terrible as well.

I will be the first to admit that I take a lot of pride in my hair. I have it highlighted every few months to make sure it stays bright blonde, trimmed to make sure my split ends don't keep splitting, and even put a "miracle" leave in product to make sure it stays smooth, soft, and straight for the entire day. I am not prone, however, to skipping my daily routine and throwing my natural waves into a bun or braided pigtails. To me, how your hair looks is a pretty good representation of how you are feeling on that particular day.

In these 14 photos, I styled my hair every morning according to what I felt would look best on me that day, and what I thought would look best with what I was wearing. Some days I felt like having a bow to make sure I was feeling my best (because bows are my favorite accessory) and there was one particular day where my hair was an absolute mess but I wasn't able to do anything about it since I was late for class. Just by looking at the different pictures I could definitely recall certain events that happened that day and if the day was good, bad, or just a plain mess. Seeing how I go through so many different hairstyles in a span of two weeks really put into perspective on how I present myself on certain days compared to others, and how other people can convey how I might be feeling just by seeing the back of my head. So, without further ado, here are 14 hairstyles in 14 days.

Day 1:

Day 2:

Day 3:

Day 4:

Day 5:

Day 6:

Day 7:

Day 8:

Day 9:

Day 10:

Day 11:

Day 12:

Day 13:

And lastly, day 14:

It was definitely interesting to see how two weeks could move by so fast. I have never really paid much attention to the back of my head, considering I cant see it without a mirror, but I realized the how you look from the back says just as much as it does from the front. While I believe that your appearance can really affect how your day will go and how it can either raise or lower your self esteem, I also realize that we all have our "bad hair days," but we shouldn't let them get to us. Because who we are on the inside is more important than even the most gorgeous, breath-taking hairstyle in the world.