13 Ways Everyone Can Find God In Nature

13 Ways Everyone Can Find God In Nature

Forget not that the Earth delights to feel your bare feet & the winds long to play with your hair. -K.Gibran

1606
13 Ways Everyone Can Find God In Nature
tumblr

“Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.”

---Albert Einstein

13 ways to find God in nature…because you should not be able to look at them and deny His everlasting power. I encourage you to take a step away from all the science, laws, theories, and hypotheses to just observe nature. It's a lot more comforting to know the Man who created all of this is in control of the world, & not that scientist whose still trying to prove his theory. In my opinion, the only natural beauty left in today’s world is nature…

#1. The fact a forest has the ability to disable cell phone reception, forcing the exploration and observance of its visitors.

#2. The way the leaves turn colors and fall gracefully with the wind.

"For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven: a time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted; a time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing..." Ecclesiastes 3:1-22

#3. The way tree branches shape into an arch for a hiker to walk through or mark his path.

“Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many." --Matthew 7:13

#4. the way roots serve as stairs up mountain peaks.

“Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose trust is the Lord. He is like a tree planted by water, that sends out its roots by the stream, and does not fear when heat comes, for its leaves remain green, and is not anxious in the year of drought, for it does not cease to bear fruit.” --Jeremiah 17:7-8

"Stand by the ways and see and ask for the ancient path, where the good way is and walk in it and you shall find rest for your souls." Jeremiah 6:16

#5. The way trees collapse across waters, allowing an easy passage.

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." --John 14:6

#6. The way a leaf can be identified by its shape, size, color, and vein markings.

"But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light." --1 Peter 2:12

"Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? And not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father. But even the hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not, therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows." --Matthew 10:29-31

#7. The way a tree’s age can be determined by the number of rings within its trunk.

"Wisdom is with the aged, and understanding in length of days." -Job 12:12

#8. A waterfall

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change. --James 1:17

#9. The way the water reflects the sky.

...just like God made man His own image. We are to reflect Him.

And for your lifeblood I will require a reckoning: from every beast I will require it and from man. From his fellow man I will require a reckoning for the life of man. “Whoever sheds the blood of man, by man shall his blood be shed, for God made man in his own image.

-Genesis 9:5-6

#10. The rise and fall of the tides.

Although the tides may change, we know that "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever." --Hebrews 13:8

"So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal." --2 Corinthians 4:16-18

#11. Look across the horizon at dawn or dusk— as God paints a vivid or pastel mural, across the entire sky.

Psalm 65:8 says, “They who dwell in the ends of the earth stand in awe of Your signs; You make the dawn and the sunset shout for joy.”

#12. the clouds give signals, warning us of what weather to expect.

#13. The rare, but fascinating occurrence of a rainbow…

Genesis 9:17 says, "This is the sign of the covenant I have established between me and all life on the earth."

John Muir once said, “Keep nature close…and break clear away, once in awhile, and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods. Wash your spirit clean.” As important as science is, it is just as important to get out and get lost in it. Actually experience it.

On earth there is no heaven, but there are pieces of it.” --Jules Renard

The 13 listed above are what I believe to be little pieces of heaven, on Earth. I truly see that God is hidden, ever so gracefully within the boundaries of nature, that I will never stop exploring.

...if you ever find yourself doubting His existence, just step away outdoors, and wander off. It won’t be long before you notice the natural beauty that He has given to us.

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”

-Joshua 1:9