13 Types Of Clients That Sit In Your Chair

If you haven't encountered them yet you will probably soon

40
KayVee.INC

In the hairstylist's chair you will find all types of people, here are a few of them...

1. The Social Media Junkie

This person is always on their phone. They hardly talk to you, unless they are taking selfies with you, or bragging about their social media platforms. Most of the time this is a very good person to have in your chair, especially when they share your profile with their followers.

2. The Chatterbox

This person loves talking, as in, they do not shut up. It is great having someone like this in your chair as they keep the conversation rolling. No more awkward silences. The only downside is you are exhausted once they stand up.

3. The Gossiper

Now this individual is a tough one to deal with, unless you are the kind of person that loves to get their hands on juicy stories (which I defiantly am not). It is hard to follow whether they actually like the person they are spilling the beans on, or whether they hate them. You don't want to tell them anything as you know it won't stay in the conversation between you two. Most of the time it is best to let them talk or try to shift the conversation to something else.

4. The Politician

This person dreams of having their own political career or at least having everyone agree with their view on politics. The salon is not the place to discuss such matters... please don't make everyone around you uncomfortable with your loud statements.

5. The Student

This person is either planning on starting their own salon without going to beauty school or they are insanely curious. They are fantastic to have in your chair because they keep you on your toes. If you can explain to them why you hold the shears a certain way or why you used a product on their hair then you are golden. They are also very likely to buy your products as they are open to new things.

6. The Chicken Neck

This person is very difficult to work with. They seem to either be unable to keep their head upright, or they are ridiculously afraid you'll do something to them (which you just might do if they keep flopping around). It is near impossible to wash their hair, and just as hard to cut a straight line. No one knows what their deal is... Chill out people!!

7. Everybody's friend

This person (usually a lady) seems to know everyone. They are usually extremely sweet and make a point of it to get to know every person. They must have an amazing brain because they can recall even the tiniest details. I love these people with all my heart.

8. The Same Old Same Old.

This person comes in on a super regular schedule. They always do the exact same cut, and tend not to be open to any new changes. They are the people that you can count on to put bread on your table every month. And who knows... Maybe that one day you will convince them to do something new with their hair.

9. The Makeover Obsessed

This person is the complete opposite of person #8. Every time they see you them they have a new idea for their hair. They usually rock a shorter, funky style. It is very easy to get them to like a new idea. The only problem is they might not be such regular clients as they may get it in their head to grow out their hair for a certain time period.

10. The Willing Guinea Pig

Stylists love this person. They trust you completely. If you want to go a different color they are willing to try it. Shorter? Sure! Just be careful not to break their trust. These clients usually only come once you know them a long time. They are closely related to #9, but tend to be on a more conservative side.'

11. The Hard To Read

You never know fully if you did a good job with this person. You may be incredibly proud of your work, and when you show it off to the client they just kind of... sit there. Their face doesn't give away much, in fact most of the time they look close to tears. Did you just ruin their lives? Do they love it? Please just show some emotion!!

12. The Shampoo Girl's Worst Nightmare

This person is, well, very strange. They love to keep their eyes wide open during a shampoo...yes, even during the massage. The shampoo girl doesn't know how to deal with someone like this. Did they actually hate the shampoo? Then why did they compliment your skills? Are they a robot? What is wrong with them? Unfortunately the answers to these questions will probably remain a secret forever.

13. The Eye Contact Maker

Intense, this is the word you will describe this client with. They always manage to find a way to stare straight into your soul. It creates a very personal momentary bond with them. You wonder if they can read your mind, or worse if they see something on your face (or teeth). Either way you are likely to lie awake reliving that experience that night before you fall asleep, forever to haunt you.