13 Things You'll Know To Be True If You Survived Strict Parents

You couldn't wait to move out. Now you can't wait to spend a weekend at home.

169
wordpress.com

If you aren’t someone who had strict parents, you know someone who did. Strict parenting can be rough on any teenager. You have extra rules that none of your friends seem to have. You have a curfew and you get grounded regularly. You feel like you are treated like a baby, but you’re parents insist they are just watching out for you. You may not have understood your parent’s insane rules back then, but now you’re starting to. Here’s 13 signs that you survived strict parenting:

1. No one wanted to ask you for a ride home because they knew you always left early.

11 p.m. was always your pick up time, so you always left alone as your friends continued to have a good time without you.

2. Going over anyone's house in high school required your mom calling their mom (so basically you never went out).

Nothing was worse than when your Mom insisted on calling your friends parents to confirm your plans because, of course, you were lying.

3. If you planned on hanging out with boys, you had to name four girls and hopefully slip the boys name in there without them noticing.

It was all about the ratio.

4.You can never just tell your parents what you are doing; you have to ask.

If you even tried to “tell” your parents your plans without asking, your plans were canceled and you were not allowed to go.

5. You had to guilt them into saying yes to basically anything.

Manipulation is your top skill.

6. Find My iPhone is a serious thing and a way your parents track you.

Lying about where you were going was the single most stressful thing in your life.

7. If you went out one night of the weekend, you sure as hell weren't going to be out the next.

You spent time with your friends, so now it was time to spend time with your family… or locked away in your room.

8. You knew how long to wait before asking about plans.

It’s all about timing. You knew you had to ask when they were in the perfect mood, or else.

9. Changing plans= no plans.

Your friends just didn’t understand that the more your plans changed, the more pissed your parents would get.

10. You might be 20+ now but your parents will still make you change your clothes and wipe off your makeup if you don't look presentable.

No one else tells you when you look like a hooker.

11. Your initial college plans were across the country.

California, here I come.

12. But in the end, you couldn't leave your parents who just loved you a little too much.

You’ll probably be just as strict with your kids one day.

13. And above all, you are thankful for your parent’s willingness to do anything for you.

Now you appreciate them more than ever.