Stranger Things season 2 was released on Netflix last week and most of us have spent our free time intensely binging it.
Even if you haven't finished your binge, you're probably obsessed with the Hawkins children and even more terrified of the upside down. As we get deeper and deeper into the semester, we're probably at least equally terrified of the final projects, presentations and papers just around the corner.
Here are 13 ways your fall semester is beginning to resemble the upside down, as told by our favorite Stranger Things characters.
1. When a professor says the words "group project."
How could you do this to us professor?
2. Looking at the calendar and realizing it's Monday...AGAIN.
The first five days after the weekend are always the hardest.
3. Struggling to get out of bed because you don't care anymore.
It's so easy to say no and stay in bed, but attendance... my grade... they're depending on me.
4. When a professor says the words "final paper" and "final exam" in the same sentence.
Final paper? Final exam? PICK ONE!
5. Waking up late, and booking it to class because you can't skip any more.
Truly the worst tragedy any of us will have to endure.
6. Running low on flex dollars and having to skip coffee some days.
How can I function if I'm not drinking coffee and not sleeping?
7. Beginning to complete work for other classes in other classes.
And not paying attention, being called on, and having everyone stare at you as you have no idea what the heck is going on.
8. Spending your free time thinking about studying about homework even though it's free time.
Free time is an illusion. Time is also an illusion.
9. Having to schedule your mental breakdowns and crying time into your regular schedule.
This is too much.
10. Spending more time in the library and study rooms rather than your room because sleep no longer matters.
Disorientation is just an essential part of life.
11. When every conversation with your friends is about wanting to sleep, being tired, or having no motivation.
We all just need a hug.
12. Basically floating through your routine, classes and activities while feeling like crap.
Trying not to cry on campus is now something you can add to your resume.
13. Crying through your assignments in hopes that it will all be over soon.
Just keep holding on. We're closer to the end of the semester than we are to the beginning of it!