13 Things You're Guilty of Doing When You're From Sioux Falls

It's All Too True

195
tripadvisor.com

If you're from South Dakota, you instantly know the name Sioux Falls, and even if you live on the other side of the state, you've most likely visited the city. And while it may not seem like much to some, it means a lot to those of us living here, and we all find ourselves having certain things in common. So here are the 13 things you're guilty of if you're from the town of Sioux Falls, South Dakota:

1) Talking about what high school you went to when you get to college, heck even after that.

For some reason we all still like talking about high school. Maybe we didn't like our time spent there physically, but we're all guilty of trying to see who went to which Sioux Falls high school and who knows who.

2) Rooting for either the Yotes or the Jackrabbits, never both.

No matter if you attend both DDays and Hobo Days, there will always be one team you're truly rooting for, even if you don't or did not attend one of the universities.

3) Waiting endlessly at the Popeye's drive-thru.

Since Popeye's recent opening, almost every Sioux Falls resident has been raving about it. Myself, along with many others would graciously wait in the never-ending drive-thru line if it meant spicy chicken strips, cajun fries and mac and cheese.

4) Always being able to give your friends and family an estimated time of arrival, as traffic is barely a thing.

"Be there in 5 minutes" is actually not an understatement. So if you plan on being late to work, "I was stuck in traffic" will not get you very far.

5) Going to PAVE if you're 21+.

PAVE will be your weekend party spot. You will either go for the drinks, the socialization, the dance floor, or the kiss shaped urinals (I'm being serious).

6) Having a Deep Hatred for Winter weather.

Winter in Sioux Falls, South Dakota is relatively worse compared to many other states. Not only do you freeze your butt off and have to wear snow boots 24/7, but you also are subject to several snow storms, in which school I might add, is barely ever cancelled.

7) Gawking at the 12-16 year-old's taking picture after picture at the Sioux Empire Fair.

Though you use to do the same thing (I'm guilty as well), we now catch ourselves gaping at the young teens who take picture after picture with every person they know, and by person I mean every human mildly above an acquaintance.

8) Forever going to the Falls, despite if it's your 1000th time there.

"Want to go for a walk at the Falls?" will forever be a line used for romantic dates. I also don't think the Falls will ever stop posing as the perfect spot for best friend photo shoots in my most people's eyes.

9) Attending a Stampede game, whether you like hockey or not.

Whether you're in it for the sport itself, or for the chance of seeing someone get body slammed against a glass window, almost every person in Sioux Falls can be held accountable for going to a Stampede game at least once or twice.

10) Finding yourself going to Bagel Boy frequently.

You've either indulged in Bagel Boy plenty of times before work or constantly went there during your open lunch period in high school. Either way, we all know a cinnamon bagel with strawberry cream cheese is to die for.

11) Continuously going on late night downtown walks by the river.

When Pokemon Go was in full swing, most of us found ourselves doing this on the daily, however late night walks are still nice either way, as we all recognize how beautiful our downtown really is.

12) Getting hooked on Puerto Vallarta.

Puerto Vallarta doesn't have just any chips and salsa, but THE BEST chips and salsa. We find ourselves craving this place and all the yummy Mexican food it has to offer.

13) Saying you want to move, but then finding yourself missing home the second you do.

You may think Sioux Falls can be boring at times or may have a strong desire to move somewhere else, however once you do, I know you'll all be guilty of missing home at some point.

I am a perfect example of this. I moved to South Carolina almost two years ago now, and though I loved it there, it didn't prevent me from missing Sioux Falls.

For all of us here in Sioux Falls, we all share something in common. Don't ever forget that, nor where you came from.