Becoming the "mom" of the friend group is not something I chose to be. The whole situation started when one of my friends said, "Thanks, Mom!" and from there on the name stuck. Being the mom friend came with a lot of responsibilities that I was more than happy to accept. I was raised with a kind, caring, and giving heart; and with that I was able to make many friends that now consider me "mom". If you're the mom friend I'm sure you can relate to these scenarios one way or another.
1. Suddenly your friends become your adopted children.
Especially when they call at 2 in the morning to vent to you about their boy/girl problems.
4. You're always over prepared.
Your bag or car has everything your friends may need. From phone chargers, to bandaids, to nail clippers, you've got it all ready to go.
5. Your friends love when you cook or bake.
That includes taking pictures with everyone no matter how annoyed they are with it.
7. You keep your friends out of trouble.
You're always full of Advil or ibuprofen just in case the a wild headache or cramps appear.
9. If your friends are upset about something you're twice as upset.
One of the worst things in the world is to see your friends cry or be upset when they shouldn't be and it breaks your heart.
10. You're not afraid to tell your friends they messed up.
It is part of being the "Mom" of the group because if you don't put them in their place who will?
11. You expect nothing in return.
You never expect anything back from your friends. You do everything out of the kindness of your heart.
12. They are ready to defend you in a heartbeat.
They have zero tolerance for people who try to mess with you.
13. You are loved unconditionally by your non-biological family.
And you wouldn't want it any other way.