13 Things You Know To Be All Too True If You're An ISFJ Personality Type

I'm an introvert-sensor-feeler-judger. Maybe you are too, and I bet you know someone who is!

1861
Corwin Connect

One of the most popular personality type tests is the Myers-Brigg Type Indicator (MBTI). The test consists of questions to measure your natural tendencies and social interactions, among other things. The best part is that your results are often crazy accurate and will get you thinking, "how did they know that about me??"

The test chooses one option from each of the four categories: 1) introvert or extrovert, 2) sensing or intuition, 3) thinking or feeling, and 4) judging or perceiving. Here is a more detailed description of each category. Have fun discovering your own personality type!

Maybe you can relate to me or know someone who is exactly like this:

1. You're often deemed the "mom" of your friend groups.

You're the one who's organized and prepared - basically meaning that you're the one giving your buddy a stick of gum, a Kleenex, hand sanitizer, etc. because they didn't bring their own. But you don't usually mind, and actually take a little pride in the title.

2. You rarely do "spontaneous."

"Let's go do something," says your friend on a Friday night. But you're thinking, "When? Where? With who else? What do I need to bring?" In your nerdy overpreparedness, you need to know things way ahead of time to keep calm and stable.

3. People think you're shy until they really get to know you.

You wish people could see you for who you are, but you don't always know how to make that happen. You're hesitant to meet new people and only want to form relationships that can be deep and long-lasting. But you're still a fun, outgoing person once you get to that point!

4. You are very attentive to the needs of those around you.

As a warm-hearted soul, you're always willing to do someone a favor to make their load a little lighter, whether it is baking a cake, offering a ride, or praying for them. You're often sensitive to tone and body language as an indicator of someone's emotions, and sometimes you take them too personally.

5. You can be a push-over sometimes.

Because of that heightened sensitivity and attentiveness, you aren’t afraid to put others' needs before your own. That's normally a good thing, but it can lead to self-neglect or frantic overbusyness.

6. You love working for great causes.

You want to commit to lots of different efforts and goals, but you constantly have to check your involvements to make sure you stay focused on what you are most called to.

7. You LOVE lists.

Mental lists, digital to-dos, sticky notes - you take 'em all on. You like to plan out each day as well as plot out some possibilities for your future. You can never have too many lists and you are methodical in how you accomplish any task.

8. On evenings and weekends, you prefer hanging out with a few close friends or family members.

No big parties - those are reserved only for special occasions when your social energy level reaches a rare high.

9. You have strong values and keep committed to them.

Other people love that you are so reliable and responsible in whatever task is set before you. You don't give up and you don't let people down.

10. Your sense of compassion leads you to feel bad for people you don't even know.

Watching the news is probably not your thing. You have too much empathy to go through emotions that much. And you are affected strongly on the opposite end: you rejoice greatly with those who experience blessings!

11. You're a rule-follower.

And you're proud of it! When people push boundaries, it makes you uncomfortable. You prefer structure and order.

12. You take your work seriously.

You often go above and beyond to accomplish the task at-hand. You crave appreciation, but not public recognition. As long as the people most meaningful to you approve of what you've achieved, you don’t need your name in lights (and would rather not have it there). Your bashfulness prevents you from bragging or even taking rightful credit sometimes.

13. You love harmony.

Whether you flee conflict or act as a peace-maker in your various communities, you generally wish for everyone to get along and refrain from ruffling others' feathers. You deftly diffuse potentially tense moments and make sure people apologize to one another if necessary. You do desire honesty, but in a way that preserves peace and understanding among the group.

Maybe you could relate to these 13 things in some ways, even if you aren't an ISFJ personality type. And for those who are, I'm sure you realize we are all slightly different. In any case, the Myers-Brigg Type Indicator (MBTI) is significantly helpful for understanding yourself and why you act the way you do. Take a test similar to the MBTI for free here!