13 Stages Of Summer Vacation

13 Stages Of Summer Vacation

It's like being launched into inevitable boredom.

36
13 Stages Of Summer Vacation

Summer vacation, something most of us never thought we’d manage to see, is finally here. As great as this break is though, it’s also a little strange. Being so used to college life can really take its toll on someone who comes back home for four long months. Everything is so different, and we come to the sudden realization that we now have all the time in the world to do whatever it is we want to do. Somehow we need to find new things to fill our time with. We all adjust differently, but I’m betting we’ve all gone through these stages.

1. Sleeping is our new BFF.

We spent so many nights of studying instead of sleeping. We’ve dreamed of this moment for too long. We may never leave our beds again.

2. We eat like we’ve never seen food before.

The gross food at school is nothing compared to a home-cooked meal.

3. TV-show-catch-up is our new favorite game to play.

Don’t tell me what happened on "The Walking Dead," please! I’m a whole season behind!

4. We meet up with our high school friends.

We’ve missed them a lot and there’s so much you need to say after a year of being apart.

5. We sleep a little more.

Friends are home, and after long nights of reuniting, it’s time for a little more sleep.

6. When sleeping gets old, we clean.

Maybe it’s finally time to tackle the huge pile of dorm decorations and dirty laundry I still haven’t bothered washing since I got home. I kind of miss being able to see my floor.

7. We get lost in YouTube.

When boredom hits, YouTube is our new best friend — and by best friend, I mean hours deep into random conspiracy videos. Is there really a connection between yet another Disney movie and "Frozen"?

8. We find and then finish a TV series within a week.

YouTube is great, but nothing beats binge-watching a TV series. Or two. Or five.

9. New hobbies are something we’re desperate for.

We have so much time to do anything we want! Maybe I’ll learn how to juggle. Or maybe I’ll try to write a book. Anything to pass the time.

10. We start to miss our college friends.

When the shows are all watched and you’ve given up on those new hobbies, you start to miss your college friends. I wonder what they’re doing now?

11. We even start to miss school.

OK, so maybe we don’t miss school, but we do miss having something to do and not being so bored.

12. Going back to college seems way better than summer when it’s move-in day.

Summer felt like it was never going to end. We can finally see our friends again, live away from home and be independent.

13. We end up wishing it was still summer.

I feel like summer didn’t even happen. Where did the time go?