13 Signs You Are Closest With Your Mom And It's Not Even Close
popular

Life is brighter, way more fun, and a lot higher quality when you're conquering life with mom by your side.

2669
Sammie Fairbanks

Gosh, I love my mom to death.

It's that simple.

She’s easily one of the coolest people I know and by far the greatest person in my life. Our relationship is something I wouldn’t trade for the world and I’m lucky to call her my mom. I don’t know what I would do without her and somedays she’s all I’ve got but she’s sure as heck the best thing!

So mom, if you’re reading this, just know that you’re the absolute best! I love doing life with you and it’s an honor to be your daughter. You’re just a rockstar at life and the greatest at leading the Fairbanks sorority.

1. Your Coffee Addiction Is Just As Strong As The Commitment Y'all Have To Each Other

We can both be found drinking, at the very least, 1 cup a coffee a day, if not more. But just wait until you see our mug collection, it's honestly the best ever and we easily have a mug from everywhere we've traveled.

2. Every Conversation Ends With "Love You, Love You Too Bye"

I swear it’s just a contest at this point as to who can say it first. And if we don’t end the conversation that way, it’s just weird and a little bit off.

3. She Always Knows About Any And All Boys

Watch your back fools

4. Inside Jokes

The beauty about our inside jokes is that we can look at something or even each other and just burst out laughing. Some people might think we’re crazy but that’s usually normal for us. For instance, the second we look at anything that is remotely close to hello kitty – our laughter is out of control

5. You Usually Use Each Other As An Excuse

I think this is more on my part but I’ve used her as an excuse a few too many times. It usually goes along like this “Hey sorry, I have plans with my mom” or the best one yet “sorry, mom said I couldn’t go” but did she really say that? Probably not. Did you really just say that so y’all could hang out instead? Absolutely

6. Always A Fun Time Together

This dynamic duo is always having fun. Whether we’re catching up on life or picking out each other’s outfits, there’s really never a dull moment when we’re in the same room.

7. She Always Down For Queso and Mexican Food

You can easily catch us at our favorite spot, El Azteca, sharing chips and queso and salsa. We always share the 3-item combination with a chicken quesadilla, beef taco and chicken tostada. There’s always a water and a Dr.Pepper included as well.

8. You Have To Call and Text Each Other At Least 100 Times A Day

Do we even have real conversations on the phone or do we just tell each other every time we moved a muscle throughout the day? We’re always either on the phone or texting each other and some days I just call her to tell her that I got out of bed and went to class. Hey, sometimes you’ve just got to let her know you’re not dying without her in college but secretly you are.

9. Shopping Buddies

So here are the rules: we wouldn’t dare go near that fitting room to try stuff on so obviously you buy the same shirt in 2 different sizes, get what you need not what you want and if it’s not on sale or Clarence just go ahead and leave it in the store.

10. We're Kind Of All Over The Place

This one is the MOST accurate description because our conversations start at 1 place and end on a completely different topic. If there was a competition for how many tangents you could go on in a given conversation, we would win. I swear, we cover any and everything that has happens throughout the day – I guess we just really like sharing the small details

11. We're Each Other's Profile Pictures On At Least 1 Social Media Platform

Our cutest pictures are with each other. It’s like we complement each other or something!

12. Your Love For Dogs Is Just As Equal As Your Love For Each Other

Our pups melt our hearts and they’ve been the best addition to our family. They have made the ultimate friends to us, fun running companions and the best snugglers.

13. Physical Touch is #1 Love Language

Sometimes I just hug her and don’t let go because mom’s hugs are the best. She’s the best shoulder to cry on, I swear