13 Scary Movies To Get You Ready For This Halloween

"Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." - IT
38

It's October and Halloween is right around the corner! What is there better to do than put up decorations, stock up on candy, and, of course, marathon some favorite Halloween movies? Here I've compiled a list of 15 scary/Halloween movies guaranteed to get you more excited for the 31st!

1. Scream (1996) - Directed by Wes Craven

2. The Shining (1980) - Directed by Stanley Kubrik

3. The Exorcist (1973) - Directed by William Friedkin

4. IT (1990 and 2017) - Directed by Tommy Lee Wallace and Andy Muschietti respectively

5. Rosemary's Baby (1968) - Directed by Roman Polanski

6. V/H/S (2012) - Directed by Matt Bettinelli-Olpin and David Bruckner

7. Poltergeist (1982) - Directed by Tobe Hooper

8. House on Haunted Hill (1959) - Directed by William Castle

9. A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984) - Directed by Wes Craven

10. The Babadook (2014) - Directed by Jennifer Kent

11. The Messengers (2007) - Directed by Danny Pang Phat and Oxide Pang Chun

12. Elvira: Mistress of the Dark (1988) - Directed by James Signorelli

13. The Sixth Sense (1999) - Directed by M. Night Shyamalan