13 Restaurants Las Vegans Take For Granted

You don't know what you have until it's gone...

56
http://international.fijiwater.com/article/echo-rig/

Las Vegas is a hub for many things, and food sure is one of them. As a Las Vegas native, I really didn’t appreciate these restaurants until they weren’t in my own backyard. These eateries all aren’t necessarily tourist spots but places that locals treasure. Although some of these are chain restaurants and aren’t necessarily exclusive to Las Vegas; however, they are still favorites for locals and are greatly missed when a local leaves town.

1. Raising Cane's

Raising Cane’s has a small menu but a big fan base. These chicken fingers are some of the finest in town. Unlike many other fast food establishments, Cane’s is always hot and fresh. Their chicken fingers may be their starting player, but the fries, coleslaw and Texas Toast are also drool-worthy. Let’s not forget the best part: THE SAUCE!

2. Serendipity

Even if you’re not from Las Vegas, you’ve probably seen Serendipity on Food Network and recognized it as the ice cream place with the $1,000 sundae. This place has desserts that fulfill your childhood dreams. For all the hot chocolate lovers out there, you know that the hot Vegas climate is no place to enjoy a hot cocoa, so why not try it frozen? That’s right! Serendipity’s frozen hot chocolate is a bestseller and is great for people of all ages.

3. Roberto's Taco Shop

Las Vegas should declare 99-cent Chicken Taco Wednesday a national holiday. Roberto’s cheap tacos are not only convenient but also tasty. With over 35 locations around the city, it’s super easy to fulfill your late night Roberto’s craving. Many locations are open 24 hours, just like our city. I’ve also heard that the Carne Asada fries are to die for.

4. Rise & Shine: A Steak and Eggs Place

Rise n’ Shine is relatively new to the Las Vegas breakfast scene, and it has pushed it’s way into being a local favorite. In my 20 years of living in Las Vegas, this may be the best French toast I’ve ever had. The servers all wear their pajamas making it a great employment opportunity for anyone who hates putting real pants on. The décor is quirky, the food is delicious, and the service is great.

5. Echo & Rig

It can be difficult to find a steakhouse that won’t involve you fighting traffic on the Strip and won’t drain your wallet. Well, Echo & Rig will keep your gas tank, wallet and tummy full. This place is so good it’s almost ridiculous. The Portobello fries will have you coming back day after day and this is the best steak I’ve had the pleasure of eating. I’ve even heard that people stop being vegetarians just to try their steak!

6. Sushi Koma

The name says it all. It’s literally sushi until you fall into a food coma. It’s no wonder they have all you can eat sushi, because it’s so good that you can’t help but eat it all. It’s a small location so it gets crowded quickly, but it’s definitely worth the hour-long wait. They have so many specialty rolls, and there is one for everyone. Come with an empty stomach and eat until your heart’s content!

7. Hash House a Go Go

Hash House’s chicken and waffles are enough to feed the entire city. The hype for this place is big, but the portions are even bigger. This is the ultimate breakfast lover’s paradise. Who doesn’t want to see three Belgian waffles filled with bacon stacked sky-high on their plate? The pictures of the countless celebrities all over their walls are a surefire way to know that this breakfast spot is amazing.

8. Rocco's NY Pizza

Maybe it’s the fact that they have free samples, but Rocco’s is the bomb.com. When you’re looking for a quality piece of pizza, you are sure to know that Rocco’s never disappoints. Whether you are picking it up or having it delivered, Rocco’s ensures that you will enjoy that sports game or girl’s night just a little bit more. Bonus: their macaroni salad is almost too good to be true.

9. Acai to the T

I could eat an acai bowl for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack or dessert. These particular acai bowls are absolutely delightful. Their portions are enormous, yet they are so good that they will leave you wanting more. My personal favorite is the Rise and Shine, but I’ve also heard that the Body Builder is a bowl of heaven. They have many other things on their menu too! This healthy dish tastes good and makes you feel good.

10. Billy's BBQ

Billy’s is so so so good. In my opinion, it’s the best BBQ joint in the city. It is a small location, but the food packs a big punch. The ribs are spectacular. The chicken is beyond delicious. The pork is ridiculously tasty. Everything on their menu is a 10/10. The staff is so kind and makes you feel comfortable while you inhale plates of BBQ. I am surely going to miss this spot wherever I go.

11. Pinches Taco

Pinches is new, and it’s a hidden gem of the Las Vegas valley. They have so many flavors of street tacos that it’s hard to only decide on three! I’ve never been during their happy hour, but apparently it’s packed. This cute taco shop is relatively new, but I can see them having a strong future. With the quality of their tacos, they will keep people coming back.

12. Egg Works

Egg Works is the perfect spot to grab a quick and delicious breakfast with friends or family. Their omelets are tasty and they have many different combinations to try. They also serve lunch courses like BLTs and whatnot, and those are just as amazing. The banana nut muffins are crazy good, and the breakfast potatoes are addictive.

13. Mac Shack

Mac Shack is carb-lovers paradise. This mac and cheese is okay to order even if you aren’t six years old. When you’re looking to indulge, Mac Shack will always be there for you. If you eat a little outside the box, try their mac and cheese grilled cheese. You will not be disappointed!

These are only a few of the countless amount of food gems that Las Vegas has to offer. Whenever I leave town, I leave behind these eateries and I can’t help but feel like a little part of me is missing. As sad as I am to not have these restaurants in my backyard, I am always excited to open up my taste buds and try something new