13 Reasons Why Dutch Bros Trumps All Other Coffee Chains, And It's Not Even Close

"Coffee is what we do, but it is not who we are."

417
Blair Gruendl

At the end of May, I moved to Colorado Springs. It was here that I discovered some of the best coffee that I had ever had, Dutch Bros. Even though it doesn't have as many locations as Starbucks or Dunkin, I find myself going out of my way to get it when that afternoon caffeine craving hits.

Here are 13 reasons why I prefer it.

1. Better prices

My go-to order at Starbucks is a tall Cinnamon Dulce Latte which generally costs me $4.22 or more. At Dutch Bros, I can get a small, whatever flavor I want, latte for $3.75.

2. More Flavors

Like a shit load more flavors. They even have one of my favorite flavors, amaretto, which is a hard flavor to come by.

3. It tastes better

I call it heaven in a cup. Whenever I get an extra espresso shot in my Starbucks drink it totally ruins the flavor of the drink. Dutch Bros never tastes gross. And the flavors pop, even in the hot drinks. At Dunkin, when I order a hot coffee with caramel I find myself searching for the caramel flavoring.

4. Fun logos

They have their little windmill logo on their buildings and cups and a mafia boss on their punch cards.

5. The punch card

No matter what size the drink is or what the drink you order it gets a punch. After 10 punches you get a free drink and the best part is that the cards don't expire!

6. Car hops for long lines

Whenever the line gets a little long they have carhops with iPads that come out and take your order to help the flow moving.

7. Fun environment, fun employees

At every location I have ever been to, they always have the music blasting and the employees are always cheery. Their uniform is a DB shirt and a smile and occasionally you'll see them rocking out to the music.

8. Noncontroversial cups

No one cares when Dutch Bros changes their cups around the holiday season and it's magical.

9. Size simplicity and equality

The sizes are small, medium, large and there is size equality! They recognize that ice takes up room in an iced drink so they have larger cups for iced drinks so the fluid ounce is the same!

10. Love Abounds

"Dutch Bros has established Love Abounds to actively engage its communities through giving and action."

11. Giving back

Every year on Valentine's Day Dutch Bros donates $1 from every drink purchased to a local food organization. They're a community focused business.

12. Fun sayings on the lids

All of their lids have a different little saying on them. This is one of my personal favorites.

13. They have stickers

I love stickers! Who in our generation doesn't? They have so many stickers and they're so cool. They'll even give some away each month for free!

From Your Site Articles