12 Reasons Why Dutch Bros Coffee is Better than Starbucks

12 arguments that show the Northwest Coffee group is Better than the big corporate coffee company
13235

Whenever I come home to the west coast, I always have to make a stop at Dutch Bros Coffee.

I have experience being a barista for having a summer job there so I have learned to appreciate a good coffee drink. I have been into little coffee shops up and down both the East and West coasts, with small chains to the hole in the wall places. Dutch Bros Coffee is something I still return to. I prefer it over big corporate chains especially Starbucks for these reasons:

1. Dutch Bros coffee does not taste burnt.

In my opinion, Starbucks' espresso has a burnt flavor, but Dutch Bros coffee has a great pure coffee bean taste every time.

2. NO COFFEE GROUNDS AT THE BOTTOM OF A CUP

Every time I get a Starbuck's drink there is espresso/coffee grounds at the bottom of the cup. At Dutch Bros. the coffee is pure espresso, no grounds.

3. Rewards program is so much better.

Dutch Bros has an easy system for rewards. No matter how big a drink, the drink card gets a punch. Starbucks just reinvented their system to make it similar, but now it takes so many points to get to the next level to receive rewards. The other thing about Dutch Bros is there is no expiration date for the reward cards.

4. Massive coffee when need a pick me up

The Dutch Bros large size puts the Starbucks trenta to shame. If it's one of those mornings, the large Dutch Bros coffee is the perfect pick me up.

5. It's simple

The menu is very simple with options that are not confusing. The drink size is small, medium, and large, nothing complicated. They also have a lot of options that are not coffee including their own energy drink, The Rebel.

6. Inspirational Lids

Who doesn't like a pick me up with their morning pick-me-up?

7. Fun work environment for employees

Employees are not required to wear a specific uniform besides a Dutch Bros T-shirt and a smile. Starbucks has a huge rule book regarding work clothing and it is a much more rigid place to work compared to the laid-back Dutch Bros. Dutch Bros has a fun work environment that even makes the customers happy because their employees are genuinely happy to work there. The employees play music and dance while providing fast service with a smile.

8. Support local charities

Dutch Bros is known for having great coffee and for helping out a great cause. Dutch Bros has fundraiser mornings and nights to give some of their profits to local charities. Starbucks is also known for doing community service on a more global scale instead of for the local community.

9. Stickers!!!

Starbucks doesn't really do free, but Dutch Bros gives out free stickers. Each month is a different sticker which gives a fun way to advertise coffee.

10. Size equality

Unlike Starbucks which uses the same ounces for hot and cold drinks, Dutch Bros uses larger cups for iced drinks to account for the addition of the ice which means MORE COFFEE not less.

11. Straws!!!!!

You can ask for fun-colored straws with any coffee drinks to make sure the coffee stains stay on the back of your teeth. Also, use of a straws lends to less coffee stains on your clothes.

12. Locally-owned

Each franchise is locally owned. They are all about having fun and making sure small businesses thrive.