13 Reasons Halloween Is The Best Holiday Ever

Orange and black are the new... black.

3238

1. Pumpkins.

Pumpkin carving, pumpkin bread, pumpkin candles, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin pie, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin soup, pumpkin seeds, pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin coffee, pumpkin chocolate, pumpkin pancakes, and pumpkin patches. Honestly, need I say more?

2. The excessive amount of candy.

Who doesn't like candy?! With the beautiful tradition of receiving enough candy to last an entire year from perfect strangers and then the glorious day-after-Halloween candy sales at the grocery store, Halloween blows the competition out of the water for the title of best holiday ever, if you ask me.

3. The "Halloween" episodes.

All of your favorite shows have one, and they're usually one of the best episodes of the season. My all time faves? "Slutty Pumpkin" (How I Met Your Mother), "Halloween" (Modern Family), "Halloween Part 2" (American Horror Story), "Haunted" (The Vampire Diaries), "This is a Dark Ride" (Pretty Little Liars), "It's the Great Pumpkin, Sam Winchester" (Supernatural), and "How to Succeed in Bassness" (Gossip Girl). Look 'em up, you won't be disappointed.

4. Halloween movies.

Halloweentown, Halloweentown 2, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Hocus Pocus, Twitches -- grab some candy and kick back to one of these flicks because they'll be sure to make your day a hundred times better.

5. Scary movies.

There's nothing like a good horror movie to get in the Halloween mood. The key is to find one that's actually good, because there are, unfortunately, a lot of cheesy ones.

6. Costume parties.

These are the best kind of parties -- you don't have to plan a cute outfit or spend forever trying to match your jewelry to your shoes because you can look absolutely ridiculous and no one will judge you. Plus, themed parties are always the most fun.

7. Costumes.

And on that note, let's talk about Halloween costumes. When you were little you rocked the fairy princess or tiger or maybe the cutest human pumpkin ever. Now, girls like to live by the popular Mean Girls quote, "Halloween is the one day a year when a girl can dress up like a total slut and no other girls can say anything else about it."

8. The decorations.

I firmly believe that the best kinds of people are the ones who decorate their houses with fake cobwebs and rubber spiders and assortments of pumpkins and scary backyard props.

9. Haunted houses.

When you can pay money to have the living daylights scared out of you...what a time to be alive.

10. No presents to buy.

Nope, your wallet is staying closed for this holiday -- except for the splurging on candy and over-the-top costumes, of course.

11. No annoying family gatherings.

One of the few holidays of where Grandma and Aunt Sally aren't pestering you about your love life or what you're doing in school.

12. It's in October.

Best month of the year, so obviously Halloween has to be the best holiday.

13. Candy corn.

Nourishment from the gods that happen to be in glass dishes on desks and tables everywhere.