13 Life Lessons You Need From Jane The Virgin

Honorable mention: Carry around concealer, per your favorite telenovela star, Rogelio.

1036
The CW Website

Set in the Latin-influenced Miami, "Jane the Virgin" has stolen my heart and brain. From the love triangles and the break-ups/make-ups to the tension, the babies, the death and the decisions, it is WILD from start to the end (of season three. Shout out to my BFF, Netflix). With its telenovela-esque presence, the show can be a tad dramatic sometimes, but only to get the point across and to emphasize the character, Rogelio. Back to the point, though. "Jane the Virgin," Alba/Abuela specifically, gives out some really good advice that I think we all need nowadays.

*spoiler alerts ahead*

1. You have to let people go even if you don't want to.

Jane had to let of Michael and, yes, eventually they got back together, but it allowed them to grow as individuals and as a couple.

2. The people that come into your life and their effects will surprise you.

Like that one time that Jane met Britney Spears or when Rafael and her first met and they didn't know that one day they would be parents together :')

3. Let the past be the past and move forward.

Oh, how Jane and Petra's relationship has blossomed and NO ONE saw that one coming.

4. Your family will always be there for you.

Through pregnancies, marriages, grad school, you name it.

5. Always communicate how you feel or it could come back to bite you.

Fabian, we all know him, right? Therefore, we remember when he sabotaged Rogelio and Xo's relationship after hearing that Jane was going to dump him.

6. Compromising is good, but don't compromise things that are very important to you.

When Rafael wouldn't let Jane move into her dream house...

But it ultimately worked out... thanks to Petra.

7. Don't be afraid to fall.

Be like Luisa. Love easily... just try not to love a serial killer and/or drug dealer.

8. You can accomplish school and motherhood at the same time.

It is going to be hard, but you can do it!

9. Although Jane tends to refrain from this (except unknowingly), use connections if you have them!

Rogelio De La Vega uses his technique of name dropping quite often and, boy, does it come to the rescue!

10. Allow your mother to be your best friend.

^ My mom when I tell her a boy hurt my feelings

11. Speaking of friends, sometimes the friendships you think will last a lifetime... well, don't.

RIP to one of the best friends there ever was, Lina.

12. Two words: ORGANIZATIONAL SKILLS.

^ Me. Really though, I'm envious of Jane's organizational skills with her lists and linked calendars!

13. Lastly, sex is NOT the most important thing in a relationship, nor will it matter to your partner if you choose to not participate in such activity if they really love you.

Neither Rafael or Michael cared to wait for Jane and whenever she was ready to have sex. I think that is admirable beyond compare. Please enjoy this gif of my OTP. Jafael > everyone else.