13 Benefits Of Having A Sibling

13 Benefits Of Having A Sibling

"Life can be tough at times , but have a sibling by your side can make it a little better. "

7759
13 Benefits Of Having A Sibling
Mulpix

Growing up with siblings sure does have its ups and downs. Here is a list of 13 positive things that having a sibling or siblings bring.

1. Clothing

Growing up with a sister so close to my age my mom, of course, gave me her hand-me-down clothing. At a younger age, I was so annoyed about it because I wanted new clothes. But as we grew up I realized that I basically had two closets. When in doubt, I would take my sister's clothing and wear it. Did this cause arguments? Yes. But it was totally worth the risk.

2. A BFF

No matter how many arguments that you get into with your sibling, they can not deny that you are their closet friend. You know anything and everything about your sibling. You know that they are there if you were to ever need someone to go to.

3. Advice

Your older sibling is somebody who obviously has gone through the different milestones before you, like going to high school first or applying for a job. I remember my first day of high school, I was very nervous. Thankfully, my older sister had my back and the day before I started she was telling me routes in the school and where classrooms were.

4. Protection

This can go both ways in a older-younger sibling relationship. There is this underlying rule that states only you can be mean to your sibling, nobody else can. If somebody is rude to you, your sibling has got your back and is there to defend you.

5. Somebody you look up to

An older sibling is always there to teach you things that maybe your parents couldn't really teach you.

6. Car rides

When my older sister got her licence, it was LIT! I didn't have to beg my parents to take me places. Also you have somebody to teach you how to drive.

7. Understanding

With having a sibling, you understand each other a lot more than any other person. You guys share some of the same upbringing and go through some of the same things in life.

8. Learning new things

I would not know who the heck Lana del Rey was or the show "Orange is The New Black" without my sisters introducing me to them. Siblings share what their likes and interests are with each other. Some things could be a hit or a miss, but it is a great feeling when you get your sibling addicted to a new show or artist. Just adding another person that you can fangirl with.

9. Living through your younger sibling

I know this isn't healthy, but with your younger sibling you don't want them to make the same mistakes that you made. Or you want them to do the things that you were not able to do.

10. Inside jokes

Sharing jokes that nobody would understand, and even if you tried explaining it to someone it would not be as funny. (Inside joke; "HE'S A V!!!", only my sisters would understand that).

11. Asking your parents for things

When me and my older sister wanted something from our parents we would not bother to ask because we knew that they would probably say "no" to us. With our younger sister, since she is the baby of the family, 9/10 times they would say "yes" to her (corrupted, I know). So we would make her ask for things that we wanted.

12. Help you out with fashion sense

A memory that I have of my older sister and I is when we were in the car, we were very young, and it was a hot summer day. For some unknown reason I was wearing long white socks, and these hideous purple sandals. My sister basically roasted me on my outfit, and I think it is the small roast sessions that siblings have with each other that help with your style. Without that roast session I may still be wearing socks and sandals to this day thinking I look cute.

13. Partners in crime

With a sibling or siblings you always have somebody that you can rant to that is your biggest supporter in life and somebody that is by your side.

Life can be tough at times, but have a sibling by your side can make it a little better.