13 Alice In Wonderland Quotes For College Students

Down the rabbit hole we go!

613

Alice in Wonderland is one of my favorite movies, the Disney one that is. Based on the book by Lewis Carroll, it is full of colorful characters and absurdity. The book is actually more insane than the movie. Filled with allegory, symbolism and straight up silliness, it is a wide ride, much like how college can feel to us. Much like Alice roaming around Wonderland, college is an adventure to us. Let's face it, when we got accepted to college, we went down the rabbit hole. We've cried, met mad people, played strange games and probably have drank something we shouldn't have. Here are some quotes from Alice in Wonderland to help you get through college.

1. "Curiouser and curiouser."

Ok so not grammatically correct, but it is the reason we came to college, to learn more.

2. “Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.”

And then coffee will help you realize they are impossible.

3. “If everybody minded their own business, the world would go around a great deal faster than it does.”

Anyone else tired of the surveys your school makes you complete to see your grades?

4. "Oh dear! Oh dear! I shall be too late!"

For class that is.

5. "It would be so nice if something would make sense for a change."

For when you have to take a class way outside your major.

6. “Alice: How long is forever? White Rabbit: Sometimes, just one second.”

There is always that one really boring lecture that never finishes.

7. “I'm afraid I can't explain myself, sir. Because I am not myself, you see?”

At this point, it is time to call an uber and go back to your dorm.

8. “If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there.”

Haven't decided on a major or what to do after you graduate? Try new things and see where they take you.

9. “Well, I never heard it before, but it sounds uncommon nonsense.”

Just when you can't seem to understand those upper level courses.

10. “Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle.”

Sometimes you need to take a step back and find yourself.

11. "Why is a raven like a writing desk?"

What you think your first essay question will look like.

12. “It’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.”

Every day you are at college, you grow and chance. It is meant to be an overall positive experience.

13. “We're all mad here.”

Even when you think college is driving you crazy, it is doing the same to everyone else. We are all a little mad here, but aren't the best people mad?