Nobody Is Their Best Self During Freshman Year Of College

It'll get marginal better, I promise.

153

Ah. Freshman year. Big life changes occur and more responsibilities spill in. It's simultaneously exhilarating and terrifying.

Freshman year was one of the hardest years of my life. You truly can't understand how difficult it is until you get there and realize that you have to go to class, feed yourself, AND juggle a social life. In addition to that, there are so many other things to get adjusted too.

As you are adjusting and figuring life out, most of the time you won't have it all together. It may seem like other people do, but trust me.

NOBODY IS THEIR BEST SELF DURING FRESHMAN YEAR OF COLLEGE.

There are deadlines, seemingly useless assignments, social gatherings, self doubt, and stress to battle every day. You probably here everyone say college is the time when you find yourself too. It is. However, it is a process and freshman year is just the beginning of it.

People come to college seeking to find themselves. In the end, they do through the challenges that college presents. Each challenge, no matter how big or small, and how we choose to react or overcome that obstacle shapes us.

Some people prefer the passive approach to life and let it lead them wherever it may take them. On the other hand, some people choose to make their own path in life through hard work and determination.

Neither approach is wrong. You simply get to decide. Finding yourself, whoever it may be, doesn't happen all at once Freshman year. It only starts then and continues throughout your entire college career.

Even if someone acts like they've got it all figured out, they may end up being that person that changes their major four times.

A person's confidence can be deceiving so don't compare your progress with other's.

Let your journey be your own without worrying about it being a race. College can be very competitive. It's easy to feel like you aren't involved enough or nailing internships already.

Your moment to shine will come. You will be able to look back on your time and see how much you've grown, but you won't be able to do that if you're too busy comparing yourself.

Just let it happen and remember that it's alright if you're not your best self right now.