12 Weird Things All Introverts Do

12 Weird Things All Introverts Do

This is an article for the misunderstood introvert.

486
12 Weird Things All Introverts Do
CREEPYYEHA

It’s said that only 30% of the world are introverts, and it’s no doubt that we live in an extrovert’s world. From group projects to parties, and social media, we are encouraged to surround ourselves with other people as much as possible.

As an introvert, it is often hard to get others to understand that in order to rest and regain energy after a long week, it is so important to have time by ourselves. If you’re an introvert, you will definitely relate to these weird things we all do:

1. Pretending to be asleep

Sometimes it’s just easier to close your eyes and lie on the couch when you’re hanging out in a group so that people will leave you alone for a bit.

2. Going to the bathroom just for a break

This usually involves sitting on the toilet while playing on your phone. You deserve it. You’ve been socializing for at least an hour!

3. Getting excited when you have no plans on Saturday night

Think of all the things you can accomplish with this night off!

4. Saying you’re busy when you just have plans to watch Netflix

You made a plan with yourself and you’ve been looking forward to it all day.

5. Telling friends to leave after you’ve had enough socializing

Okay, I need you to leave now. I need to … um … pet my dog.

6. Finding 4 am weirdly satisfying

The night owls are finally asleep and the early birds are not quite up yet, and it’s quiet and still and bliss.

7. Needing your best friend to babysit you at social events

You make your friend promise not to leave your side, and don’t know what to do with yourself when she goes to the bathroom.

8. Hating to text because it’s too much work

You don’t have the energy to keep a conversation up.

9. Not opening up to many people, but telling everything to a select few

You are closed up until you finally let your guard down and it all comes pouring out.

10. Relating to cats on a spiritual level

They live the perfect life! They just eat and sleep, and are independent, and don’t need anyone else to make them happy.

11. Getting excited when plans are canceled so that you can get back to reading

Oh, shucks! I guess I’ll just have to get back to doing what I’d rather be doing anyway.

12. Being proud of yourself when you talk to a stranger

You are basically god. I mean, did you see the way you said hello and they said it back?