12 Ways to Give Back This Summer

12 Ways to Give Back This Summer

"To move forward you have to give back" - Oprah Winfrey

82
12 Ways to Give Back This Summer
Metiza

During summer our schedules calm down and we end up having quite a bit of time to spare. Instead of spending that time on your phone, why not give back? There are numerous ways to give back from volunteering, to running a race, and donating. Here is a list of various ways you can give back to your comminuty and beyond this summer.

1. Make cards for hospitalized children

When you think back to your childhood, a big part is probably spending long summer days playing with friends. Unfortunately, some kids are not fortunate enough to experience days at the beach and pool parties due to an illness. A simple way to bring joy to hospitalized kids is by making a card. Cards for Hospitalized Kids is an organization that collects and distributes cards to kids around the country. So far they have gifted cards to over 100,000 kids. Get started contributing to this amazing cause by visiting their website. Here you can find all the information needed to make and send a card to a kid in need.

2. Volunteer at your local animal shelter

3. Shop at stores that give back

Not sure where to shop? Connecticut Children's Hospital has a list of the partnerships with stores and restaurants whose partial profits get donated. Each donation helps make children's time at the hospital a little brighter and a little more like home through various programs and services.

4. Run for a cause

Run a 5K, half marathon or even full marathon all while donating to a cause you care about. You can find a list of runs for a cause on Active.com. You can search for a particular date, race length, and location. You can even take it a step further by starting your own team!

5. Donate blood

Find upcoming blood drives near you: here.

6. Tutor a student

7. Volunteer at a local soup kitchen or food bank

8. Volunteer at your church

9. Bring baked goods to your local fist responder stations

Often times, first responders go unappreciated. Brighten their day by dropping off baked good or a homemade meal.

10. Read to kids at your local library

11. Organize a trash clean up

12. Volunteer with Ben's Bells

Ben's Bell in a company that strives to promote and educate communities about kindness. You can volunteer to make kindness coins or request a to go box with all the materials you need to make your own coins at home.