12 Beauty Tips Your Future Self Will Thank You For Starting Today

Tips to make you look and feel amazing.

197

Everything beauty is very in right now, especially when it comes to makeup, hair, and skin care routines. It sounds silly because when is not in? But it seems like more people are paying attention and wanting to know the best tips and tricks. We have to do what's best for ourselves. What we put on our skin is so important since our body does absorb it. We need to protect our hair from harsh chemicals. As for makeup, we want to look our best and use the right products.

Here are 12 beauty tips that your future self will thank you for:

1. Use a face toner twice a day

I recommend Lancòme or SheaMoisture. Put it on a cotton ball or cotton pad and move in an upwards motion on your neck and face. It really gets all the extra makeup and dirt off your face that you may have missed when taking your makeup off and washing your face.

2. Purchase a great cleansing oil to take off your makeup

Julep Love Your Bare Face Hydrating cleansing oil is the best. It's $28 a bottle and lasts me months. You rub it into your face, even on to your eyes, to take off your makeup. Take a tissue, and wipe off all the makeup and then wash your face like normal.

3. Brush your hair with a wide toothed comb

You'll avoid breakage than with a regular brush.

4. Use organic products

Whether it be for your hair or skin, it's best to go organic. Why? Because it's free of parabens and other harsh chemicals and it's better for the environment. We want to keep our water supply and ecosystems intact.

5. Clean your makeup brushes

This seems self-explanatory but some people just don't clean their brushes. That harbors bacteria and then you're using it all over your face and eyes and that can cause a lot of problems. I clean my makeup brushes once a week using baby soap.

6. Wear sunblock

After you wash your face in the morning and moisturize, put on sunblock to protect your skin. This is extremely important and your dermatologist will be proud of you.

7. Don't wash your hair every day

Your skin needs those natural oils and when you wash your hair every day, you're stripping away those oils. Use a dry shampoo instead!

8. Don't dry your hair with a towel

When you get out of the shower, dry your hair with a t-shirt. They're a lot easier on the hair and the harsh fibers from the towel can cause the hair to be more prone to breakage.

9. Moisturize, duh

Purchase a good moisturizer for your face. You apply this twice a day and it keeps your face hydrated and smooth.

10.Trim your hair every few months

You will be keeping your hair healthy and will have less split ends and breakage.

11. Exfoliate your face 

Do this twice a week, but not more as to avoid skin irritation. You'll be getting the dead skin cells off and you'll leave your face glowing.

12. Use pore strips

Do you ever use a pore strip and then stare at everything that it ripped from your nose? Isn't it so satisfying? Clear pores, for the win!