12 Thoughts of Your Average Post-Spring Break Frosh

Let's talk about Room Draw!

I don't know about you, but it's only one week back from Spring Break and I've had so many thoughts and emotions running through me these past few days. As the year winds downs (this is the home stretch, Tigers!), we are able to sit back and reflect on our experiences, achievements, and failures. Whether we like it or not, however, we can't ignore the weight of the present and future concerns bearing down on us. So in the spirit of the final two months of school, I compiled a list of the thoughts of your typical Princeton frosh! Note: Although most of these thoughts are meant to be characteristic of a first-year, I cannot deny that some would still be relevant to students from other years.

1. What the heck is room draw?? What do I do? Why did I get such a lousy draw time? I don't know what I'm doing. Help.

Seeing all those rooms disappear from the "Available Rooms" list caused me such great anxiety. I felt so powerless!!

2. Midterms. Lol.

'Nough said.

3. Can we just skip over the part where I write my R2? Please and thank you.

To be quite honest, my "revisions" are more like "rewrites." With an altered thesis comes an altered essay. The struggle is so real.

4. I could have so used an extra week of Spring Break.

I mean, it IS the only break of the spring semester. Sure, adding an extra week of break might make the school year a week longer, but I don't think that's so bad. (Please don't tell me I hold an unpopular opinion).

5. I have to choose Fall courses soon?? I don't even know what I'm wearing tomorrow, let alone what classes I want to take five months down the line.

Okay, let's see what distribution requirements I still need to take. We'll start there.

6. How have I made it this far? Wow, I'm impressed with myself.

In all seriousness, we all deserve to be here. I knew you could do it!

7. I'm going to be a sophomore???

It honestly does not feel that long ago when I got my acceptance letter. Orientation was yesterday! What is this madness??

8. Preview is coming up already???? Wow, I'm no longer that confused awkward prefrosh anymore! Now I'm just a confused awkward frosh.

9. Wait. Am I seriously going to be a sophomore?

10. Regular decisions came out??? What?! Since when??

Face it, 2020, we're old news.

11. I...I'm...going to be a sophomore....

Being a sophomore means being a slightly more experienced Tiger. We're just a bit wiser (and more foolish. See what I did there?)

12. I can't believe my freshman year is already coming to an end. To be honest, though, I would not have wanted to spend it anywhere else. Thank you, Old Nassau. I can't wait to spend the next three years here.

There you have it. Let me know if I missed anything important!

Stay chill, Tiger family.

Cheers!

-Jon