12 Things To Tell Yourself When Finals Are Killing Your Vibe

You've got this.

7

Whether it's your first semester or your last, college finals are not easy. There is no greater time in life to plow through your regrets and want to suffocate your sorrows in pizza than when the end of the semester rolls around. It's easy to beat ourselves up -- to think about all of the seasons of "Gilmore Girls" and "Grey's Anatomy" we shouldn't have watched, all of the PJ we shouldn't have drank, all of the nights we shouldn't have gone out and all of the time we can never get back. What's even easier is in those slight moments during a mental breakdown where you may or may not find yourself half-naked, bawling, discovering the glory of dipping fries in milkshakes, and wondering when in the actual world you're going to master this thing called "adulating," is to question your place, your intelligence and your validity.

1. I am not alone.

All around the country, there are hundreds of thousands of other college students experiencing a lot of the same feelings as you are. You're not crazy, weird or dumb to feel like your entire world is caving in on you at a time when you're expected to perform. Own your feelings and don't apologize for them.

2. I am too legit to quit.

You've made it this far in the semester and you're almost done! There's no sense in giving up when you're five minutes away from the finish line.

3. I believe that I will win.

If it worked for the USA soccer team, it can work for you. Think positively and make this your mantra; no one can stop you if you believe in your heart you can achieve. Theodore Roosevelt said, "Believe you can and you're halfway there." You can do this. You can win.

4. I am not defined by a letter on a piece of paper.

Bad grades happen to the best of us. We don't get it right every single time, and that is perfectly OK. One little letter, on a single piece of paper, doesn't denote your intelligence. You are so much more than your grades!

5. It's OK for me to cry.

Tears are cathartic and sometimes we need to let it all out. If the pressure is getting to you, make like Elsa and let it go.

6. I deserve a dance party.

You do deserve one. Dancing makes people happy, and happy people produce serotonin which boosts your mood, and happy people make other people happy. So turn up that Justin Bieber, Fetty Wap or Tay Tay and get to shakin'.

7. I am kind. I am smart. I am important.

You should tell yourself this everyday, but especially during finals. Believe what Aibileen says in "The Help,""You is kind, you is smart, you is important."

8. I am worthy of treats.

If you wanna eat a burger, then eat a burger. If you want some french fries, then eat some french fries. Just sayin'.

9. I will hold myself to a standard of grace, not perfection.

Hannah Montana taught us this in sixth grade: "Nobody's Perfect."

10. I will do my best to not allow my attitude to transfer to others unless it's positive.

The struggle is real. Everyone else around you is going through it too. Don't take your stress out on your boyfriend, roommates, siblings or parents. Real adults have self control.

11. I will fill my mind with positive thoughts.

Pick up your Bible, write down a list of things you're thankful for, print some new inspirational quotes off of Pinterest and hang them up where you study. Having a positive mind equals producing positive vibes.

12. I will be OK.

The crazy rush of feelings that you're likely to experience is temporary. It'll all be over soon, so just keep swimming.

Chin up, buttercup. You're almost done and on your way to winter break!