12 Do's And Don'ts Of Tattoos

12 Do's And Don'ts Of Tattoos

These are the aftercare instructions for getting a tattoo.

16700
12 Do's And Don'ts Of Tattoos
alexpress

People say that when you get your first tattoo, it is going to hurt like hell. For some people, this may be true. For others, not so much. People try giving you a bunch of advice about tattoos. People who do not even have tattoos try giving you advice about tattoos. Other people will tell you that you will regret getting the tattoo. Or that it is going to be on your skin forever. I got my tattoo because I knew it was going to be on my skin forever. I got my tattoo because of what it meant to me. I got my tattoo for me, not for anyone else, and that should be the number one rule of tattoos. Get a tattoo for yourself and not for anyone else. This is why people, especially tattoo artists, will tell you not to get a tattoo of your girlfriend, boyfriend, husband or wife.

This is considered cursing yourself because it is permanent and your relationship will not be permanent. I am going to discus the rules of before, during and after you get your tattoo.

These are the rules of your first tattoo and the after care of all tattoos.

1. Drink plenty of water the night before your tattoo.

This is so that you are hydrated well and your skin will not reject the ink at all, which would cause you to have to spend more time in the chair then you really should have to.

2. While you are in the chair, try not to move around too much.

A little twitch here and there is fine. But do not be pulling away from the artist. This will only make them frustrated with you and make the tattoo hurt more.

3. After you get done with your tattoo, make sure to tip the artist.

This lets them know that you appreciate their work and that you like the tattoo. Also, this is just to be nice because they are doing a service for you that they really do not have to do.

4. Be sure to follow the aftercare very closely.

Failure to do so could result in the ink bleeding out of your skin. Or you could get a really nasty infection. And you don’t want an infected tattoo.

5. Don't mess with the covering.

Make sure to leave the covering they put over the tattoo on for the minimum of two hours. This helps protect the skin from bacteria getting through the skin. Which helps protect from infection.

6. Gently wash the tattoo with lukewarm to very warm but not hot water.

Use a mild unscented soap like Dove or Dial. Gently rub the soap into the tattoo. Do not use a washcloth, loofah or sponge.

7. Pat the tattoo dry with a light soft towel.

Do not rub the tattoo dry especially if the scab has started. This will rub off the scab.

8. After you wash the tattoo, gently apply an unscented lotion that is non-greasy.

Make sure it is either Aveeno or Lubriderm lotion. These absorb the best into the skin.

9. Continue to wash and moisturize the tattoo at a minimum of twice a day until the scab is gone over the tattoo.

The initial healing will take up to two weeks. Be sure not to apply too much lotion because this will over-moisturize the tattoo which could be bad.

10. Do not scratch or pick at the tattoo.

While the tattoo heals, the tattoo will begin to itch. This is because there is a scab forming over the tattoo. Be sure to pat, not scratch.

11. Do not soak the tattoo until the tattoo is fully healed.

This means avoiding swimming in pools, oceans, seas or even soaking in the bathtub.

12. Do not expose your tattoo to direct sunlight.

Sunlight is the worst enemy of new tattoos. Sunlight could cause the color to fade out.

These are the do's and don'ts of your first tattoo and tattoos after that. And the major thing is, listen to your artist. The artist will tell you everything you need to know.