12 Things You Learn As A Student At St. John Fisher College

#FisherCares

923
https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5029/5693453254_aff11d2c07_b.jpg

If you attend St. John Fisher College, you will understand...

1. Everyone goes to the same parties. Every Friday and Saturday, you will most likely be seeing the same faces you saw out last weekend. This isn't necessarily a bad thing though; by the end of the year you will probably be friends with everyone.

2. You know where everyone sits in the dining hall. There are some tables you just can't sit at. Once the table is claimed by a group of people, it will probably be theirs for the rest year.

Two tables that stand out the most are the football table and the baseball table. The football team is probably wearing an article of Fisher Football apparel, while the baseball team will most likely be wearing their "Fisher Baseball" hats.

3. You can leave valuable belongings out in the open without worrying about someone stealing them. The only way to claim a table in the cafeteria is to leave something to show others, "this seat is taken." Although in any other situation, no one would just leave their cell phone, student ID, or purse on a public table, it is the most common and successful method for reserving a spot. At Fisher, you can assume other people have nicer things and more money, because they probably do.

4. The same people are always at the gym...every. single. time. Some people seem to be extremely dedicated to their fitness. That's awesome, but it can definitely make you feel self-conscious when you only show up every two weeks for a quick work out. Whatever though, gotta stay lookin' hot.

5. Wake up five minutes before class starts and you will still be on time. Other, bigger, schools make you take a bus to class from your dorm, not a chance. At Fisher, you can set your alarm for ten minutes before your class starts and make it there with time to spare. You learn to appreciate it.

6. You're probably part of the School of Business, Science, or Nursing. During orientation, you will find that many other students are one of the three major schools on campus. The most common majors include Accounting, Biology, Business, Sport Management, Marketing, and Nursing. This is really beneficial because pretty quickly you develop a group of people to do homework and study with.

7. Lackmann is heavenly, yet deathly at the same time. Goodness, does the food taste good, but plan a date with your toilet afterwards!

8. The Bus Stop, where the party begins If you don't know what party to go to. Just head out to the bus stop where all the other people (freshmen) are. You will figure it out pretty quickly once you get there. Many drunken friendships and memories are made with pictures to show for it.

9. You're probably on a fist name basis with your usual cab driver, "Get out, we are going to Prepps!!!!" If you have been to a Fisher house party, you have probably heard this anywhere from 11:30-12:30 A.M. and will need a ride home ASAP if you aren't 21.

Good thing your favorite cab driver is just minutes away with a quick call!

10.There is no doubt you will have a meal at Fishbowl/Cardinal Café after dinner. When you can't study or do any more homework, it is probably time for a late night meal. You're just a short walk away from fried food and milkshakes that have been calling your name for hours. Gotta get rid of those meal swipes somehow, right?

11. You will take the shuttle more than you would expect. Why walk across the street in the -20 degree weather when you can wait 10 minutes for the shuttle to pick you up and drive you there? My point exactly.

12. Mostly everyone is involved on campus The most famous organizations/clubs on campus are the SGS, SAB, RHA, and the Commuter Council. Besides these though, there are about 70 other options and you can bet nearly everyone on campus is a member of at east one of them. It might have been weird in high school, but things get way cooler in college. It's a guarantee that you will be enticed to join at least one club by the end of your first year.