Being a natural perfectionist definitely has its benefits. You’re able to time manage well, hand in assignments with confidence, and exhibit excellent organizational skills. However, what most people don’t know is that you’re, in fact, actually a hot mess on the inside. Accomplishing everything to the high standards that you set for yourself is overwhelming, infuriating, and just plain exhausting. There is no end to this madness either, because once one thing is done off your mental checklist, it’s just on to the next thing! If you are a perfectionist, here are some struggles that you will certainly understand and that prove you’re not alone.
1. Taking hours to complete assignments that take other people 10 minutes.
2. Redoing assignments because they’re just not up to your standards.
3. Being set off by the slightest bit of un-organization.
4. Noticing ONE thing messy in your room, and then feeling the need to clean the WHOLE room.
Then three hours later you are reorganizing all of the clothes you took out of your drawers when all you really needed to do was pick up one pair of underwear.
5. Needing to fix something if it is crooked or off in the slightest.
6. Not having enough space in your planner for all the little things you need to complete throughout the day.
7. Constantly being stressed about not getting things done.
8. Panic starting to set in when one little thing goes wrong.
When your schedule doesn’t go your way, it’s not good — full blown panic attack mode unleashed.
9. Not being able to fall asleep at night because your mind is still racing.
10. Trying to please everyone.
It is hard for you to accept the fact that not everyone is going to like you or agree with you in every situation. Compromising is key to a certain extent, but you need to do what makes YOU happy sometimes too.