12 Struggles Every Retail Employee Knows Too Well

"Sure, I would be delighted to read you the price off the price tag you have in your hand."

22
imgur

Fellow retail employees, do you feel me?

1. Price tags are apparently written in another language that the customer can't understand.

2. In a matter of seconds, it is as if the flood gates opened and everyone has conglomerated into the area you're supervising.

3. At least the children knocking clothes off the rack and shoes off the display look like they're having fun.

4. The best thing is when you go into another store on your day off and begin to straighten up the displays and customers think you're an employee. "I'm sorry, I don't work here."

5. It's always so much fun when a customer points out that the payment terminal "isn't working."

6. Trying to stay awake at the end of your shift:

7. When a customer thinks their reasoning for wanting an item will somehow make it descend from the ceiling.

8. When customers ask for the item they are purchasing to be shipped to their house in multiple colors.

9. You always lie about how your day is actually going. "I'm doing just fine, thanks for asking!"

10. Even when it appears to be dead, the one customer in the establishment makes his or her way to come find you during your break time.

11. When a customer asks to speak with the manager, when you're the manager in charge:

12. When you're too hungry to focus on customer service and your lunch isn't for another three hours: