12 Songs For Your Christmas Playlist

12 Songs For Your Emo Christmas Playlist

Move over Mariah, it's time to bring back the early-2000's emo phase.

368

Now that we've officially moved past the turkey and stuffing of Thanksgiving, it is officially Christmas season and, more importantly, it's the special time of the year when I can sit back and play Christmas music without feeling judgement from my peers. While Mariah Carey is great and all, it's about time we also embrace our emo side from the 2000's and include a little pop-punk into the mix this holiday season. This year, be sure to check out these songs for a little extra flavor in your holiday playlist!

1. "Yule Shoot Your Eye Out" - Fall Out Boy

Admittedly, I listen to Fall Out Boy no matter the weather, but this song is perfect when Christmas comes around. As if Fall Out Boy couldn't get any better, you can have Patrick Stump's perfect vocals grace your speakers on this holiday track.

2. "The Christmas Song" - Weezer

3. "Sickly Sweet Holidays" - Dallon Weekes

Unlike some other tracks on this list, this song actually has a good tone towards the season and is genuinely cheery. I would recommend the entirety of Dallon Weekes' Christmas album, but this one is a must-have for Weekes' sweet vocals and the gentle bells in the background.

4. "Christmas on the Road" - Sleeping With Sirens

5. "Last Christmas" - Jimmy Eat World

Of course, so many artists have covered Wham!'s classic Christmas song - everyone from Ariana Grande, Taylor Swift, and Hilary Duff, to name a few - but this cover still carries the classic 90's sound of Jimmy Eat World that will still remind you of movies you watched during middle school.

6. "A Great Big Sled" - The Killers ft. Toni Halliday 

7. "I Won't Be Home For Christmas" - blink-182

If any band sets the tone for that emo phase I never grew out of, it's definitely blink-182. Thankfully for me, both in high school and now, blink graced up with this great emo track!

8. "Alone This Holiday" - The Used

9. "12 Days of Christmas" - Reliant K

In case you ever thought that "12 Days of Christmas" would sound better if it was punk - this is the one for you.

10. "Ho Ho Hopefully" - The Maine

11. "All I Want For Christmas Is You" - My Chemical Romance

Move over Mariah, because Gerard Way's voice turned this song so emo that I can't handle it.

12. "This Christmas (I'll Burn It To The Ground)" - Set It Off