12 Signs You Miss Your Dog A Little Too Much While Away In College

To my fellow dog lovers...the GIFs explain it better

51
Taken by: Marcela Castro

As I'm writing this, I can picture you snuggling under the sofa with the Tinker Bell blanket my sister gave up for you. I can imagine your tiny white curls and how many knots you must have since I left you five weeks ago. I can see you jumping all around the house, bugging everyone to play with you with that little rope toy my mom got for you.

The truth is, I keep doing this. I keep remembering tiny snapshots of our time together this summer, my heart filling to the brim with happiness and sadness alike. How I wish I could look into your glossy black eyes and poke your tiny little wet nose. But I'm 3,000 miles away from home, and I won't get to see you until I go back for Christmas break, and it breaks my heart to know that I dont get to snuggle with you until then.

Not knowing how else to express how much I miss you, I decided to put this list together.

For my fellow dog lovers, here's 12 signs you're really missing your dog while in college!

1. You can barely resist the desire to pet every dog you see on campus.

Even though they don't even look like your dog, you almost can't resist the impulse to walk up to the owner and ask if you can pet them (or you just go for it, like my friend Cecelia).

2. You ask your family to put your dog on the phone

Knowing they are in the same room as your dog, the temptation is just too much.

3. You start thinking about the late nights when you and your dog were the only beings awake

4. When opening doors to get "home" is not as exciting

After a long day, you just wish your dog was on the other side of the door, jumping all over your legs and wagging its tail like you were gone for a year.

5. You start imagining how much your dog would love campus

You can definitely see your dog running all over the bright green grass, running towards the sprinklers, and barking at every squirrel. Very entertaining.

6. You feel the need to find someone else who's up for cuddling 24/7

Dog cuddles are the best cuddles.

7. You're finding new ways to procrastinate

There is no denying in that taking care for another being takes a whole lot of time. But hey, its also the best way to procrastinate from doing other not so fun stuff.

8. You can't see a Halloween costume for dogs and not have a breakdown

Seriously, though, when you know your dog would look so good in that Halloween costume and you're just so far away you won't get to dress him up this year.

9. You notice that you're finally getting to sleep in on the weekends

No more waking up at 6 in the morning because your dog decided it is already time to play.

10. You start to regret not having secretly sneaked your dog to your dorm room

Breaking the rules suddenly seems more worth it than ever.

11. Little things don't seem as exciting without your dog by your side

Whether it is getting breakfast or finding the motivation to get out of bed, he was always by your side.

12. But, no matter what, you know you'll be together again and that no one could ever replace him

You share a special bond that not many people can understand, and that no number of miles could ever break