12 Signs You May Be Slipping Back Into Depression
popular

It's important to know what to look for.

3288

Everyone’s triggers and “red flags” are different. We all have different ways of acknowledging our mental health; here are some ways you might be able to tell if you’re slipping back into depression.

1. You start to get mad and irritated at everything.

The blanket on the chair isn't folded right, the forks and knives aren't in the right spot, your roommate said they were going out but now they're not and now you cant be alone.

2. You sleep all the time.

You go to bed early, wake up late. Fall asleep during class. Nap as soon as you get home, Nap later that day. Even if you're not sleeping you're still in bed wishing you were asleep.

3. You start to feel lonely.

You have a loss of words even when you're around the ones closest to you. You start to think people don't actually like you.

4. You feel constantly anxious and on the verge of crying all the time.

You're constantly on edge. You always feel like you have to cry for no reason at all. You start to feel fatigued, heavy limbs, and a weird pressure in your chest.

5. You let dirty dishes sit until they smell.

You usually are the one to clean the dishes and the house, but when depression starts creeping in you just let them sit.

6. You have a lack of focus and productivity.

You can't seem to get your school work done, you're taking too long getting tasks done at work

7. You ache all the time.

Depression can manifest as pain. You may feel achy like you have the flu. You can tense up and not be able to relax

8. Isolating yourself.

Isolation can cause you to be even more depressed, but its also a sign of possible self-harming.

9. Telling yourself you don't deserve something.

You think that just because you went out on Tuesday means that you can't go out on Friday. Just because you had so much fun this week that you aren't allowed to have any more fun.

10. You stop putting on makeup.

This is a pretty tell-tale sign of depression; especially for someone who wears makeup every day.

11. You start making excuses not to do things.

"I have to clean my room." "I need to do laundry." "I feel sick, maybe next time."

12. Lack of personal hygiene in general.

You don't shower as much, your hair isn't brushed, your clothes are dirty.

If you are in crisis, please call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255) or contact the Crisis Text Line by texting TALK to 741741.