12 Signs Summer Is Nearing

12 Signs Summer Is Nearing

It's almost the second best time of the year.

61
12 Signs Summer Is Nearing
Lexy Rahim

With the taste of summer on our tongues, us students across the country can feel one of the best times of the year coming for us. From summer vacations to sleepovers with your best friends five times a week, I am sure we can all agree there is no better feeling knowing the school year is almost over and our stresses will be set free. Here are 12 signs summer right around the corner:

1. You are constantly being nagged by your mom or dad about getting a summer job.

And every time they ask you say that you are working on it.

2. The motivation to do school work is almost non-existent.

You have had enough. The paper that was assigned two weeks ago is being completed the night before the due date and you are finishing online homework seconds before class starts.

3. You and your best friends from home are already making big plans for the next few months.

You cannot contain your excitement for the fun that is about to come.

4. The thought of being home for three to four months drives you crazy.

You love your family to pieces but sometimes too much time with them can make you want to pull your hair out.

5. You hit the gym a little more than usual in hopes of being "bikini ready."

You and the gym become a little closer as bikini season nears and you are not sure how to feel about it.

6. You and your friends reminisce about the crazy memories you made this past year.

You did some really dumb and crazy things but you wouldn't want it any other way.

7. As much as you love to hate them, you realize months away from you best friends will be tough.

You spent all school year with them and you aren't quite sure how you will make it without them for a few months.

8. We say goodbye to the boots and sweaters and hello to the itty bitty shorts and tank tops.

The higher the temperature the less clothes on our bodies.

9. You realize there is no school work for a long time.

You cannot explain how happy you are to not have a paper due every two weeks.

10. Your mind is already on permanent vacation.

The thought of the sand under your feet and sun rays beating down on you is consuming your mind.

11. You wonder how the school year went by so fast.

You are not quite sure how you got to this point, but all you are wishing is that time would slow down.

12. You are all ready to come back to school and get ready to do it all over again.

You are just getting ready to leave and you all ready want to go back.