12 Sandwich Recipes You Have To Try

12 Sandwich Recipes You Have To Try

Including options for vegetarians and vegans!

51
12 Sandwich Recipes You Have To Try
Jay Mantri

Sometimes the only thing that could fix your day is a good sandwich. A nice, delicious sandwich can turn your whole attitude around. There are so many sandwich options to choose from, though; how will you ever choose? Easy. Here are 12 of the best sandwich recipes you'll ever find with vegetarian and vegan options included.

1. Cucumber Tea

These little vegetarian-friendly sandwiches are bread-flexible, but white bread works best. Due to the fact that these are tea sandwiches, you'll be making more than a few.

You will need an 8oz pack of cream cheese, 1 tablespoon of dill, English cucumbers and 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise.

Combine cream cheese, mayonnaise and dill in a bowl. The size depends on how many you'll be making. Stir until everything is combined and then chill for 15 minutes.

Skin the cucumbers and with a mandolin, slice very thin pieces of cucumber. You can cut the crusts off of the white bread and either cut the bread into squares or rectangles. Spread some cream cheese mixture on the bread and place two cucumbers on each slice. All finished.

2. Croque Monsieur

Although a bit more complicated, this french sandwich will feel like magic on your taste buds. You will need butter, flour, milk, nutmeg, dijon mustard, french ham and gruyere cheese. For bread, you can be budget-friendly and pick your own, but it really works best with thick country bread. The rest of the recipe can be found here. Bon appetit!

3. Chicken Salad

For this perfectly wonderful chicken salad, you will need cooked chicken, a small onion, a medium stalk of celery, mayonnaise, salt and pepper. This one is also bread-flexible, but it tastes delectable on Hawaiian sweet rolls.

All you need to do here is chop the onion and celery, and either shred or cube the chicken. Mix everything together and place on the bread. Delicisioso!

4. A-L-T

For all you vegans, you will not be able to get over this avocado, lettuce and tomato sandwich. You will need spicy mustard, romaine lettuce, Roma tomato and a small avocado. For this one, think about using rye toast.

Slice the avocado, 2-4 slices of tomato and pick a few leaves of romaine lettuce. Spread the mustard, and pile the ingredients on. Let your life change.

5. Mac n Cheese Grilled Cheese

You will need easy mac 'n' cheese, american cheese and white bread. If you're feeling risky, add bacon, Roma tomatoes or hot sauce. The easy mac and the rest of this recipe can be found here. Ooh-la-la!

6. Hot Turkey

For all those Thanksgiving leftovers! You will need 1 and 1/2 pounds of turkey, 1/2 cups of turkey gravy, stock (or water) and Italian bread. White bread works, too.

Heat the gravy in a skillet until it becomes bubbly. If it is too thick, add stock or water. Add the turkey to the gravy, and heat until all sides are covered and marinated. Then add the turkey and gravy to the bread. Boom!

7. Vegan Apple

You will need pumpernickel bread, green apples, and whole grain mustard.

Half the apples, and cut the halves into thin slices. Spread the whole grain mustard* on the pumpernickel, and place 3-4 apple slices on one side of the bread. Combine bread pieces and voila! You have yourself a vegan apple sandwich.

*If you're feeling adventurous, you can use brown sugar mustard instead. Mix 1/2 cups of brown sugar and 1/3 cups of yellow mustard.

8. Veggie Caprese

You will need 1 medium zucchini, 1 small eggplant, thinly sliced mozzarella cheese, 2 medium tomatoes, sandwich buns, reduced balsamic vinegar, olive oil and basil leaves.

Preheat your gas grill to medium heat. Slice vegetables and place inside, then drizzle oil over them. Grill 3-5 minutes per side. You can optionally grill your bread as well.

Place 2-3 slices of eggplant on the bottom of your bread, then 3-4 slices of zucchini, 2 slices of tomato and three slices of mozzarella. Top with basil and then the balsamic vinegar. Assembly complete!

9. Pesto Veggie

You will need pesto, olive oil, onion, zucchini, yellow squash, parmesan cheese, sourdough bread and mushrooms (optional).

Mix the pesto and oil in a baking dish. Add the vegetables to soak for 3-4 hours. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and place the vegetables on a baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper. Bake until vegetables begin to brown.

If you have a panini grill, heat it to medium-high and top your bread with cheese and veggies. If not, place cheese on bread and place hot veggies on top. Serve.

10. The Elvis

For this one, you'll need your favorite bread, natural peanut butter and a banana. Coconut bacon is a great option also. Dark chocolate can also be shredded to be placed on top. Mmm.

11. Fried Pickle Po' Boys

Try this recipe out for the 4th of July because these sandwiches will be like fireworks in your mouth. The full recipe can be found here.

12. Curried Egg Tea

You will need a dozen eggs, freshly squeezed orange juice, Madras curry powder, dry mustard, mayonnaise, freshly ground pepper and white bread. Orange zest is optional.

Boil the eggs and when they are finished, crack on one side. Let them sit in icy water for 15 minutes. After the time is up, peel and pat dry. Chop the eggs and combine in a bowl with the orange juice, mustard, mayonnaise and the curry. Stir, and mash with a fork, and then add salt and pepper.

Distribute egg salad to bread. Fin.