12 Ways You Know You're A True Boston Sports Fan

No better sports city

102

1. Every day, you die a little more on the inside from the Patriots loss.

I mean I hate to admit it, but I am very to attached to the Patriots. My mood was instantly impacted from that loss like the rest of New England. However, a Patriot's loss means that it is time to look forward to baseball season.

2. You are called a cheater on a daily basis.

Deflategate. Spygate. Blah, blah, blah. The list goes on and on. We are not cheaters; people just hate winners.

3. People say you are "lucky"

People say that we got lucky with our 2004 ACLS comeback against the Yankees or that the Patriots get lucky every week. No, it's not luck, it is a true skill.

4. You get blamed for being a bandwagon fan or a pink hat.

There will be some bandwagon fans, but if you would like me to give you my whole life story and all of the reasons why I am a Boston sports fan, I will. I am also not a pink hat. I have suffered the pain that comes with being a Boston sports fan, while also experiencing the joy.

5. You rep your Boston teams no matter where you are or who you are with.

I do not care if I am in the Bronx, I rep my teams with pride. Here at college everybody already knows who I am a fan of.

6. You have suffered through the bad just to get to the good.

I've been through the trades, the heartbreaking losses, the curse of the Bambino and the Patriots 18-1 season. I think I have said enough. I just think all the bad has made the good that much more special.

7. You own a Boston strong shirt.

That moment is something that Boston will never forget. It is a true tragedy that hurt many people, but it united the city of Boston more than ever before.

8. You will defend Boston sports until you are blue in the face.

I will argue with a stranger on the metro, the T, on a flight, and in a restaurant. Don't say Tom Brady is bad or that we are cheaters or you will be getting yelled at by me.

9. Sports Bars are the go to place.

Watching sports surrounded by other passionate fans is the go to move. Boston sports bars are really like no other. You instantly create friends with strangers over your love for sports.

10. You pay those ridiculous prices for the game.

Boston sports prices are crazy, but like they say, the actual value is priceless. The experience you get is incredible. There is no place like Fenway park, Gillete Stadium, or The Garden on a crazy night. It brings me chills just thinking about it.

11. New York fans aren't welcome and they know it.

I don't mean to be rude, but it's true. We all know how we feel; I will be cordial until the game starts.

12. You know that being a Boston sports fan is the best choice you have ever made.

The memories I have all the ups and downs have made me who I am. Boston sports will forever be a part of my life and I would never want to change that.