12 Reasons Why It's No Fun Being An Adult

We're closer to death than you think.

5232
Meme Generator

Being an adult is boring, expensive, and repetitive. We all know those adults that are bored of their lives because of repeating the same routine everyday. When people question why you enjoy being a kid sometimes, tell them all these reasons why.

1. That boring, old, repetitive 9-5.

Wake up, brush teeth, breakfast, coffee, morning commute, work, work, work, rush hour commute accompanied with road rage, dinner, down time, bed, repeat. It gets boring after awhile, and it's definitely not for everyone. It's a rut, and it's hard to get out of.

2. Bills, bills, and more bills.

Everything nowadays costs money; houses, cars, food, electric, water, trash services, etc. As if working all the time isn't enough, we're using all of our money to pay for necessities. And as the world advances, things get more expensive.

3. Going to the doctor alone.

Okay, this may just be a new adult thing, but going to the doctor without your parents the first few times is scary. The doctors ask so many questions and you may not know the answer, but your mom always did, so you panic. Plus, no one is there to hold your hand for the scary parts, like shots, or getting a tooth drilled.

4. Growing up.

You have to be more mature. No more sleepovers or toys. No more playdates. You have to grow up and get ready for adult life. Buckle up and get ready for the ride because it's tough, and it most certainly doesn't get easier.

5. Punishments are no longer time outs.

We traded 10 minute time outs for job terminations, jail time, or even the death penalty depending on how bad you are. It sucks no longer getting spanked or a slap on the wrist. When you're little, the only legal system you have are your elders, now it's the real deal.

6. Having to be independent.

Growing up means you have to be independent. You have to learn how to do things on your own and fend for yourself. Cooking, cleaning, laundry, taking care of yourself are all parts of growing up. Although, we're still allowed that every once and a while emergency call to mom.

7. Decision making.

You know you're adult when you stand in an aisle and contemplate if you really need this cute pair of shoes or that totally in season pair of pants, and decide that you don't. You sadly walk away without the cute decor and accessories, but you know you made the right choice.

8. Dating.

Dating is no longer the cute middle school love. You don't talk for a day, decide to date, say "I love you," and break up the next day because he didn't come to your locker. It's adult dating now which means having to actually find another mature person with the same dreams as you. These may just be accompanied with marriage, children, and owning a house one day.

9. Loans...

Yes, those things that we're sadly required to pay back. We all wanted a new car, a new house, and to go to school for our jobs, but those monthly payments really slap you across the face, and hard. It's okay, you can cry about it.

10. No more summer vacations.

Unless you're a teacher, then you still get summers off, but for the rest of us, it's work, work, and more work. As the child inside us wants to go frolic on the sandy beaches and in the ocean, we have to stare out the office window at the awful concrete confinements.

11. Body break down.

As we get older, it starts to show. We start getting wrinkles, lose control of our bodily functions, and sometimes our mental functions break down. As if wrinkles and crows feet weren't enough, we start to pee when we sneeze or cough, we crop dust in the grocery stores, and we get fatter.

12. Lastly, we're closer to death than ever before.

It's morbid, but sadly true. Every day we age, we're one step closer to that permanent dirt nap. As if we want to live life to the fullest, it's a constant reminder that death creeps up on you every second you're alive.

Being an adult can be cool sometimes, but not always. We try to live life to the fullest and be the happiest we can, but we all know it still sucks sometimes!