12 Reasons Why Elle Woods Should Be Your Hero

Bend and Snap your way into channelling your inner Elle Woods!

190
nydailynews.com

Elle Woods, the main character of Legally Blonde, exemplifies qualities that everyone should want to be. Not only does she have great fashion sense, she's got a great mentality too! Elle is also driven and refuses to give up on what she wants. We should all take notes (and maybe even wear a little more pink). She sets an example for anyone that wants to work for a great career and make the happy ending they deserve happen. If that isn’t enough, here are 12 reasons that Elle Woods should be your hero:

1. Elle sets goals and sticks to them.

She decides to go to Harvard Law School, and guess what she does? Hint, she goes to Harvard Law School. Everyone should be motivated to achieve what they set their mind to!

2. She lets her personality shine through.

Everything Elle does has her own personal touch. We should all aim to embrace our individuality.

3. She has moments of self-doubt.

At a couple points in the movie Elle questions what she’s doing. Not only is this relatable, it’s important to put thought into what we are doing and why we are doing it.

4. Sometimes she needs a little push.

When Elle feels like giving up, one of her professors gives her advice that makes her change her mind about quitting. We should all be willing to listen to and ask for the help of others, just like Elle. Sometimes it takes some wise words from someone you look up to, to keep you going!

5. She gives second chances.

When Elle first meets Vivian, it isn’t a pleasant encounter. However, they are best friends in the end. We should follow her example and be willing to give people second chances because sometimes first impressions are just that.

6. She doesn’t let sexism hold her back.

Many times along the journey, it is made apparent that she has a beautiful body; by a man on the street and her law professor. But she doesn’t let this stop her. Next time we encounter an obstacle, be it sexism or whatever else, in our paths, think of Elle and don’t give up!

7. She isn’t ashamed of who she is; a girly girl through and through.

Many took her as being basic or an air head, however her knowledge of hair care ends up saving the day. We should follow Elle’s example and never downplay our strengths!

8. Elle has friends that support her.

Through her application process and going to law school, they have her back. It’s important that we cherish the friends we have and share in their accomplishments too! She couldn’t have done it without them, and we all wouldn’t be where we are if we stood alone!

9. She’s a friend to the animals.

Elle has a Chihuahua named Bruiser Woods who is her trusty companion throughout the movie. She even has her own line of faux fur panties. So she’s not only a successful lawyer and designer, but a good steward too. Who wouldn’t want to be like that?

10. She gets defeated, but doesn’t stop.

In the movie, Elle feels discouraged about her progress as a lawyer after finding out she was only hired for being pretty. Once again people are putting her into the brainless-blonde stereotype. She gets her feelings hurt, just like anyone else would. But does that stop her? No.

11. She refuses to settle.

This is perhaps one of the best qualities that Elle possesses. Her ex-boyfriend, Warner Huntington III, had dumped her in the beginning of the movie, and comes crawling back after she’s hit big time success. Although she loved him and originally went to law school to win him back, she has come to realize she deserves better. We should all follow her example and never let ourselves settle for less than what we deserve.

12. She has faith in herself.

This is the driving force behind majority of Elle’s decisions as she pushes herself to be the best she can be. Sometimes we need to remind ourselves that we can do anything we set our mind to and to have faith that it’ll work out in the end! It did for Elle!