12 Reasons Ice Cream Is The Most Important Food Of The Summer

6662

We all know that ice cream is one of the most important meals of the day during the summer. If you aren't having it once, you're having it twice, and sometimes even three times. Do we ever truly think about how great ice cream is, or do we take it for granted? This is a thank you to ice cream for everything it has done for us in the past, and what it will do for us in the future.

1. There are so many different flavors.

Even if you aren't a Ben & Jerry's fan, there are numerous other flavors to choose from. Just stop by any side of the road ice cream shop and pick up your favorite original or wacky flavor. Just do it. You will feel somewhat better when you eat it.

2. It is made from cows (and look at how fun cows are).

Cows are cute and fun and have so much to offer, so it only makes sense that they'd be involved here. Though ice cream can be made from different things (bananas for instance), milk is the most important -- sorry.

3. Like I said, there are alternatives for the weak of stomach.

Some people can't handle their lactose, so many companies have started getting used to making lactose free ice cream with all the same flavors we know and love. So now, everyone can enjoy.

4. You can eat it any time of the year.

OK, so it might not be your first choice of snack in the snow, but it always tastes good and sometimes you crave it, so thank you ice cream parlors for being open year round!

5. It's perfect for dates.

Ice cream dates are fun and flirty and everyone loves ice cream, so why not? It's a good place to get to know someone that has a lighter mood than going out to a restaurant (at least in my opinion).

6. There is one in every town (or almost).

Whether it be a legitimate ice cream stand with all the Perry's flavors or a soft serve machine at your local convenience store, ice cream is available in almost every city, town and hamlet in the United States and beyond.

7. It's perfect for those hot days.

Maybe you just finished a run or another workout and all you want to do is take a cold shower and drink 45 glasses of water. Thank god there is ice cream, cold and refreshing!

8. Kids love it!

If you, like me, work at a camp or somewhere else where there are a bunch of kids you have to watch out for, call in an ice cream truck once or twice a week, and watch how quickly everyone simmers down (at least for a few minutes).

9. Just like the movies say, it's perfect for breakups.

The typical breakup food is ice cream, as told by all of our favorite movies and TV shows. Just a few pints of Ben & Jerry's and you'll be back to your fun-loving, single self.

10. Pets can now eat it too!

After years of begging at your feet for just a little taste of that sweet beauty that is ice cream, now they can finally eat it! What have we done to deserve this? Thank you, ice cream makers, and lovers of pets!

11. Good for stress eating.

We all get a little stressed out during the semester, so if you're feeling bogged down by work, just grab a pint and turn up a little music and let loose! Don't do that too much though or you will start gaining the weight and then you will stress eat even more. Know your limits!

12. It tastes delicious.

The simplest reason that ice cream is so important to me is that it tastes beautiful. If you think differently I don't want to say you're wrong -- but you're wrong.

So the next time you are looking for a snack break after a stressful day, or something to eat when it's a scorcher out, stop by your local stand, or even gas station, and pick yourself up some ice cream. You know you want to.