12 Quotes That Will Make You Want to Hug Your Mom

You'll never outgrow your mother.

2967
Telemundo

With Mother's Day approaching, most of us can argue that our moms are in fact the sh**. I mean, how could we not love someone who told us we were pretty during our worst thick-eyelinered middle school years? "No the blue eye shadow looks great, honey!" Yeah okay, Mom. Maybe you haven't seen your mom in a while, or maybe you're sitting on the couch with her watching the saddest episodes of "Grey's" (like me). Either way, these quotes will make you want to call her, hug her, whatever sort of affection level you guys are on. These prove how freakin' amazing all the mothers are out there.

1. "My mom has made it possible for me to be who I am. Our family is everything. Her greatest skill was encouraging me to find my own person and own independence." -Charlize Theron

2. "That strong mother doesn't tell her cub, Son, stay weak so the wolves can get you. She says, Toughen up, this is reality we are living in." -Lauryn Hill

3. "I think in a lot of ways unconditional love is a myth. My mom's the only reason I know it's a real thing." -Conor Oberst

4. "I am sure that if the mothers of various nations could meet, there would be no more wars. " -E. M. Forster

5. "My mother had a great deal of trouble with me, but I think she enjoyed it." -Mark Twain

6. "I believe this with all my heart: The greatest coach of all time in my eyes is my mom. She's instilled in me a toughness and a perseverance and just a never-quit mentality, and I thank her every day for providing me, for what she sacrificed her life for." -Scott Brooks

7. "Mom always tells me to celebrate everyone's uniqueness. I like the way that sounds." -Hilary Duff

8. "My mother gave me a sense of independence, a sense of total confidence that we could do whatever it was we set out to do. That's how we were raised." -Robin Wright

9. "My mom just wants to make sure that my heart is always in whatever I do and I'm in things for the right reasons." -Kevin Durant

10. "My mother... she is beautiful, softened at the edges and tempered with a spine of steel. I want to grow old and be like her." -Jodi Picoult

11. "Because even if the whole world was throwing rocks at you, if you had your mother at your back, you'd be okay. Some deep-rooted part of you would know you were loved. That you deserved to be loved." -Jojo Moyes

12. "A good mother is irreplaceable." -Adriana Frigiani