13 Notable Marvel Movie Cameos By Stan Lee

Excelsior!
50

In Marvel movies, there is always a part that viewers are looking out for: a cameo appearance from Stan Lee, the co-creator of many of the superheroes featured. Lee has appeared in almost 30 films, all in which he portrays some sort of background character while expressing wit, and sometimes, references to his involvement in the creation of the main figures.

Seeing Stan Lee appear in the live action motion pictures of the characters he helped to create is always great to see. The following are some of his notable cameos in the last 10 years.

1. "X-Men: The Last Stand" (2006)

In "X-Men: The Last Stand," Stan Lee appears as a homeowner hosing his front yard. Suddenly, the water rises, and Lee watches in absolute shock.

2. "Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer" (2007)

Lee appears in "Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer" as an uninvited wedding guest to Susan Storm and Reed Richards' wedding who ends up receiving the boot.

But, but, he IS Stan Lee, the co-creator of the Fantastic Four! Why not let him in?!

3. "The Incredible Hulk" (2008)

Lee is the man who becomes ill after drinking a soda poisoned by Bruce Banner's blood in "The Incredible Hulk." You could say that his appearance is important to the film because it is what leads to General Ross finding Banner in Brazil.

4. "Thor" (2011)

The co-creator of the mighty Thor appears in the 2011 film adaptation as a man attempting to pull the Mjolnir with a pick-up truck.

Considering he was involved in the creation of Thor, Lee should be worthy of lifting that hammer!

5. "Captain America: The First Avenger" (2011)

Here is Lee as he cameos in "Captain America: The First Avenger" as a retired general who comments that he thought Captain America would be taller when he appears on stage -- although the superhero did not actually appear.

Captain America is actually one of the characters that Lee did not have a hand in creating, so it's no surprise that he'd be wondering about his height!

6. "The Avengers" (2012)

Lee was filmed for two appearances in "The Avengers," although only one of them actually made it to the final product.

Here is the one that was seen in the theater. In a scene where he is an old man playing chess in the park, he is asked about his input regarding the Avengers. He responds with "Superheroes? Give me a break."

It's pretty ironic that he would say something like this. Need I say more?

In my opinion, this cameo is even better. Lee is seen having lunch, and when he overhears a conversation between Steve Rogers and a waitress, he says, "ask for her number, you moron!"

You tell him, Stan!

7. "The Amazing Spider-Man" (2012)

Lee takes on the role of a librarian in "The Amazing Spider-Man" who is wearing headphones and does not hear a single sound of the battle between the titular character and the Lizard.

I hope he at least noticed the fallen shelves eventually.

8. "Thor: The Dark World" (2013)

In "Thor: The Dark World," Stan the Man is a patient in a mental ward who asks Eric Selvig if he can have his shoe back, following the latter's boring presentation.

9. "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" (2014)

Stan suits up as a security guard at the Smithsonian Institution who discovers that the Captain America uniform has been stolen. He then states, "Oh man, I am so fired."

I wish you the best of luck, Stan.

10. "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" (2014)

Lee cameos in "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" as a graduation guest (possibly the same person from "The Amazing Spider-Man") who notices Spider-Man swinging into the ceremony, and notes, "I think I know that guy."

I think you do too, Stan! You helped to create him!

11. "Avengers: Age of Ultron" (2015)

As a military veteran, Lee cameos in "Avengers: Age of Ultron." He claims that he fought at Omaha Beach and that it proves he can handle a shot of liquor from Thor's home of Asgard. Well, not so much. He is carried away drunk, muttering his notable catchphrase, "excelsior!"

I have a feeling that seeing Stan Lee drunk would be quite entertaining.

12. "Deadpool" (2016)

Although Lee did not contribute to the creation of Deadpool, he appears in the film adaptation as an MC at a strip club.

What occupation can't Stan Lee act in?

13. "Captain America: Civil War" (2016)

Lee appears in "Captain America: Civil War" as a FedEx employee. As he delivers a package to Tony Stark, he mispronounces his last name, calling him Tony "Stank."

When I saw this movie in theaters, the whole theater erupted with laughter at the scene.